Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the after market kit removing the wet clutch on a 650 and replacing with a stub shaft and a new clutch? Thinken this may reduce some of the problems associated with running tracks.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
i am suprised to see that "kit" actually buyable. speedwerx has been saying they were gonna come out with that kit for 3 years now, and i am amazed to see you can actually spend your money on it, they're taking credit card numbers on it. i wonder what you're gonna do when they email you and say sorry 0 availability we'll get back with you soon.

hey pal what kind of problems are you having out of your clutch system? i am sure i can help you out and fix any issues you are having, along with getting you alot more performance out of your bike. so lets hear it: what types of problems is your bike giving you?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
biggest issue is the clutch is noisy and wont disengage even at a slow idle making unit hard to shift I think the biggest issue is (for lack of a better term) abuse when on tracks. I have an old D7 caterpilar with less horsepower than my prowler and it weighs 34000 lbs it was ment for abuse this machine is not and I realise that by fixing the weakest link will just create a new one. I mostly want a little more takeoff on wheels and to resolve the hard shifting maybe a little higher engine rpm at full throttle insted of lugging at the top. Guess more horepower Am happy with the thing overall but always want more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts