Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a new clutch shaft on my 2006 Prowler. Can any one tell me the correct Part # for a clutch spanner wrench to hold the primary & secondary clutches while I torgue the nuts to the proper spec.The instructions with the kit call for a 0544-005 spanner wrench, but it looks like the face on the secondary is a different design than the one I have. I just want to make sure get the right wrench to do the job, thanks.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It could be one of several...

Spanner Wrench
p/n: 0544-005

Usage: Hold drive pulley/clutch assemblies and driven pulley assemblies on H1, H2, and diesel models

Spanner Wrench

p/n: 0444-251

Usage: Hold drive and driven pulleys (366 CVT) and
centrifugal clutch assemblies on 366/500/H1/H2 models.

(CVT Driven Pulley Holder)

p/n: 0444-205

Usage: Hold the driven pulley on 650 H1 models.

Spanner Wrench

p/n: 0444-153
Usage:
Hold drive or driven pulley for removing and installing retainer nut on automatic transmission models.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
It could be one of several...

Spanner Wrench
p/n: 0544-005

Usage: Hold drive pulley/clutch assemblies and driven pulley assemblies on H1, H2, and diesel models

Spanner Wrench

p/n: 0444-251

Usage: Hold drive and driven pulleys (366 CVT) and
centrifugal clutch assemblies on 366/500/H1/H2 models.

(CVT Driven Pulley Holder)

p/n: 0444-205

Usage: Hold the driven pulley on 650 H1 models.

Spanner Wrench

p/n: 0444-153

Usage:

Hold drive or driven pulley for removing and installing retainer nut on automatic transmission models.

My local dealership let me barrow his spanner wrench. It would hold the secondary clutch fine. The wrench fit the primary put how does it hold when it just spins due to the sliping of the wet clutch? I called another dealer and he said that the wrench for the primary is a waist of time and there is no way to hold it and use a torque wrench. Mine is and 06 650 H1. Please help fill in the gaps Darryl

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My local dealership let me barrow his spanner wrench. It would hold the secondary clutch fine. The wrench fit the primary put how does it hold when it just spins due to the sliping of the wet clutch? I called another dealer and he said that the wrench for the primary is a waist of time and there is no way to hold it and use a torque wrench. Mine is and 06 650 H1. Please help fill in the gaps Darryl
[/left]
I asked my tech about using the spanner and the torque wrench as you said, he told he's never had a problem. There are differenct drive clutch spanners though, perhaps the one that your dealer used was not correct. Many shops don't like buying all the spanners since it can get expensive to buy all the tools. Without knowing what spanner your dealer used and how they did it, my techs couldn't really say what was wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clutch Pics

Sorry,the term clutches I used in original post wasn't correct. It should have been driven pulley assembly & movable drive face. Attached is the instructions that came from the clutch housing kit. In the instructions it refers to using the spanner wrench to hold the driven pulley & movable drive face and torgue to 165 ft.lbs with a torque wrench. The problem is the driven pulley I have on my 06 prowler looks different than the one in the instructions pic. So I don't believe the 0544-005 wrench would be the correct one for it. Sorry to ramble on, can anyone make sense of this ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry,the term clutches I used in original post wasn't correct. It should have been driven pulley assembly & movable drive face. Attached is a couple pages of the instructions that came from the clutch housing kit. In the instructions it refers to using the spanner wrench to hold the driven pulley & movable drive face and torgue to 165 ft.lbs with a torque wrench. The problem is the driven pulley I have on my 06 prowler looks different than the one in the instructions pic. So I don't believe the 0544-005 wrench would be the correct one for it. Sorry to ramble on, can anyone make sense of this ?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Well the first page i can make out and that is the wet clutch inside.So I know you are talking about the primary and secondary on your cvt.The early secondary does not have a threaded hole to thread into to change the belt.If it does not have the threaded hole it is probably a 06 650.If it does have the threaded hole it could be a 07 or a 06 that someone put the updated 07 and newer clutch on.What year manual do you have?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts