Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teardown is complete, wet clutch in good shape, new driven gear has no abnormal wear pattern. The New gear is installed, and the old gear is also shown. Hope this is helpful to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dick, or RD

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Good job man.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One for all, all for one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Approximately 2700. I did find a 4PSI hobbs switch, and I plan on installing it when I do the gauges. I'm installing the sending unit and wiring now, and will also install a by pass switch for the hobbs switch.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Approximately 2700. I did find a 4PSI hobbs switch, and I plan on installing it when I do the gauges. I'm installing the sending unit and wiring now, and will also install a by pass switch for the hobbs switch.
sounds like a good idea,i think its hit and miss on those gears:)

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think your right on the gear being hit & miss. If I didn't enjoy working on my Prowler so much, I don't think I would have torn it down! Working on the 5 point harness now, I'll post pictures in the project section when completed. Dick or RD

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I think your right on the gear being hit & miss. If I didn't enjoy working on my Prowler so much, I don't think I would have torn it down! Working on the 5 point harness now, I'll post pictures in the project section when completed. Dick or RD
I know what you mean,seems like Iam always fooling with something,my new cdi come yesterday,i dont know if i will get it put on today or not ,dont feel good.did you make your own bar for your harness.:)

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I used 1 inch DOM tubing, .180 " Wall thickness, It will be welded to the existing Rollbar, and uprights. I had 5 pt. harnesses out of the race car (over 3 years old so the certification expired), my Prowler will not see 130 plus so I feel very comfortable using them! 3" webbing, and the 2" anti-submarine belt! They plant you in the seat! Waiting on the tubing now, but will post on the project section.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yeah, I used 1 inch DOM tubing, .180 " Wall thickness, It will be welded to the existing Rollbar, and uprights. I had 5 pt. harnesses out of the race car (over 3 years old so the certification expired), my Prowler will not see 130 plus so I feel very comfortable using them! 3" webbing, and the 2" anti-submarine belt! They plant you in the seat! Waiting on the tubing now, but will post on the project section.
RD the speedo says 120 I think.:D

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Pro Street Ford has a 160 MPH unit, with the 250 NOS hit, and 32 inch tall tires I was running out the back door at 133 and change!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
sounds like a good idea,i think its hit and miss on those gears:)
I got hit with a sledge and I know I was warned when I changed the cam. Oh well now I have a motor to tear apart and will learn from it.
IMAG0269.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
mike wheres the teeth.:confused:
Taking a bite out of my wallet:), I haven't looked too good at it yet but they're there somewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts