Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 700 xtx hates water, as long as it is dry it runs great, sometimes when you run through water it will idle fine and run if you give it fuel slowly if you nail it it falls on its face. I have checked everything i can think of,clamps, boots ,air filter, fuel filter, and coil. A buddy of mine says he thinks its the coil, is their such a thing as a semi bad coil, i have removed it and coated it with 4 coats of liquid tape and bushed it away from the mounting plate and that didn't help, Has anyone had this problem and what was the fix.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My 09 700 xtx hates water, as long as it is dry it runs great, sometimes when you run through water it will idle fine and run if you give it fuel slowly if you nail it it falls on its face. I have checked everything i can think of,clamps, boots ,air filter, fuel filter, and coil. A buddy of mine says he thinks its the coil, is their such a thing as a semi bad coil, i have removed it and coated it with 4 coats of liquid tape and bushed it away from the mounting plate and that didn't help, Has anyone had this problem and what was the fix.
I've had cars that ran like crap in the rain and turned out to be a bad coil. I've put 3 on my Dakota since i've had it. They slowly go bad and it starts to miss and will hardly run when theres any humidity. Have you used dialectric grease in all your connections and plug boot?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had cars that ran like crap in the rain and turned out to be a bad coil. I've put 3 on my Dakota since i've had it. They slowly go bad and it starts to miss and will hardly run when theres any humidity. Have you used dialectric grease in all your connections and plug boot?
yes, i put it in the boot

·
Registered
199 Posts
The f150 with the 5.7 had the coil over plugs, any kind of moisture would cause them to misfire, Could be the same on your prowler. The other thing you could check is the plug wire, make sure it is not close to or rubbing on metal, added moisture will cause spark to jump,.
Just a thought!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Take the cover off and start it in the dark and look for sparks jumping then spray it with a little water and do it again.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responces, I ordered a new coil and boot, try that and see if it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts