Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New forum member here living on a farm in Central MO. Brutally cold last couple of days. I have a 2010 700 TBX that gave me problems today. I went to blade snow and the 4wd didn't kick in; TBX was in a 35F building, but -7F outside. Next I tried to move in the snow (4-5") with 2wd. I was moving ok, so I tried the 4wd drive again. The engine died. I tried to restart, but dash is blank and efi doesn't respond. Battery is fully charged, lights and winch work fine. I would really appreciate any suggestions on where to start to resolve its problems. the TBX is my go-to workhorse on this farm. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sounds like an Electrical Issue. I would check your Relays and Fuses to start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree. It sounds like a malfunctioning component, the 4wd actuator, likely caused a draw that blew a fuse. Another possibility is a battery connection at either end of either cable. Much like in the old days when a vehicle would die when you turned on the headlights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input from you both. I double checked fuses and found the 10A fuse for the ignition was blown; first examination looked like it was ok. Ignition problem solved. Weather has been miserable to work on the 4wd, but will be checking power to accuator, then if needed, R&R acuator.

·
Registered
241 Posts
For some unknown reason, that nobody can figure out, my 4wd quit working on day. I took out the 4wd relay and it works fine. I replaced the Relay, and it will not work. I have ran it for years now with the relay out! ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 4wd problem solved itself yesterday. Temps got near 40F and I tried the 4wd and heard the actuator motor kick in; tried it several times with success. Now I'm thinking I might have some water inside the actuator which means pulling it and checking to see if that was the cause of my problem - or I guess I can put it in 4wd before below freezing weather sets in again. Best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts