Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another thread, but would it be possible to hook up the parking brake light to signal the ecm to go into limp mode?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If some one knows how to go about doing this, I'll try it on my machine. I'm just not sure how to do it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys I am guessing here but try this on. The ecm will only go into limp mode on its orders from itself. And it will only do that as far as i know from info from some sensors like the temp sensor maybe oil pressure sensor.
Would it work with some sort of a resistor in series with the light? and a relay that would swap back and forth from the resistor to the sensor, using the light to power the relays coil. Of course this all depends on how the sensor works. Or I could be up in the night and way off.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
No I don't think you are way off. There is a lot off different way to do it especially with relays and resistors. The problem is that it could still probably cause a fire in limp mode. You know if you took off slow just cruising around. I had the chance to see utv crap's buzzer or I would call it a whiner. Pretty good set up. I still think a bright led in the dash would be best. I guess you could install a relay off the micro switch on the parking brake in with the coil so it would not run if the brake was on. Ultimately it comes down to checking the cable for adjustment as much as you check things like the oil , tire pressure etc. And being aware of the light in the dash working properly.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I am going to try and do some adjusting to mine, I need to adjust the transmission cable again so I'll get them both while I'm in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts