Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Console Engine Cover

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  de3 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a spare dog house cover for my 2013 xtz. Since one is insulated to keep the sound and heat out in the summer. I'm looking for a spare for winter use to allow the heat to come up?

#3 ·
I priced a new one online and it's only 70 bucks. But I figured it's just a big hunk of plastic and if someone had an extra that they wanted to get rid of. We could both benefit.

Might even be cheaper to buy new the more I think about it. Because of shipping an oversized item.

#5 ·
why not drill a couple holes in the one you have and install automotive style vents that you can open in the winter to let the heat in? that way you benefit from the noise reduction but still allow heat in for cold weather riding.. I think theres a member on here that did this mod? if there is, maybe they can offer you some guidance..

#6 ·
It's a good Idea I'd rather not start chopping up a new unit, and that would just be counter productive for the sound. It's a good theory, but I don't see where having vents will continue to keep the noise out. Because vents are not air tight let alone soundproof.

As much as I'm on mine I'll just change the hood during the last or first oil change of the season.

#10 ·
I have a 56 mile one way trip to work and I'd drive mine to work, but the state of Ohio says it's not a secured vehicle so it's not allowed at the institution. Also state law prohibits them to be on the roads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.