Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to bleed the coolant system. I looked in the owners manual and all it talked about was the bleed screw. I think i have an air lock and i took DE advise earlier, but dont think that worked. So my plan is to flusha nd drain the system and try to see if that will keep it from overheating. So, is there another way or technique to do this or just doing the bleed screw is all i need to do.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I find that ypu have to jack the front of the prowler way up in the air and run it with the cap off or on the first notch only.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Does anyone know how to bleed the coolant system. I looked in the owners manual and all it talked about was the bleed screw. I think i have an air lock and i took DE advise earlier, but dont think that worked. So my plan is to flusha nd drain the system and try to see if that will keep it from overheating. So, is there another way or technique to do this or just doing the bleed screw is all i need to do.
When I installed my temp gauge I also had to raise the front up high until it did burp the system,It wouldn't burp it self on the ground,I got the idea from Joe5091 mine don't have the bleed screw.I know this dont cure your over heating,but I run engine Ice in mine,and my fan will drop it back to 155 degrees and the highest I have seen it is 185 degrees and thats sitting in one spot Idling.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
I was able to bleed the air out of mine (2009 XTX) by loosening the hose clamp at the thermostat housing. I took the cap off the radiator, and as soon as I loosened the hose clamp it started to bubble out the air pocket and the coolant level dropped in the radiator. Refilled to proper level after tightening the clamp, and no problems!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts