Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced a differential seal on my front. Noticed my lower radiater hose was rubbing the inner CV Joint. Put a nice grove in the hose. One of the factory zip ties broke and allowed the hose to drop! Also decided to try a different alternator location! Looking at the HDX, and the XTX, XT's to use the same bracket. I'll post pictures once I start! I finally have a plan! LOL
I'm very satisfied with the alternator results, sure has worked, and have not had any issues!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
so where are you on fab up of some XTZ alternator pieces hmmmmm

bet you will fab up some nice fix to raise the hose out of the way and secure it better as your a good project fab man !

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fixed the steel portion of the lower hose, used two insulated clamps, one around the forward frame, and the other around the coolant tube, bolted together in the middle. HDX's are going to be a fairly easy design! XTZ still doing some thinking on, but think I can mount one on the main frame on the drivers side, and use the drive pulley on the rear of the engine. Spent some time at Nelsons/Lakeside powersports today! They had every Prowler model number except the 1000XT. The new 6 seater is really a nice piece! I'm in the process of moving mine, but this is not for everyones skill level. I managed to raise it higher in the frame, now it is in a more protected area, but I never had any issues before, just wanted to try something different. Waiting on my new hoses now, so I tore the Prowler apart! Welding and grinding tomorrow, prime and paint the new mounts Sunday. New pully will be an 8" up from the 6"

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a concern, thinking about the heat, and space available. Looked at Rangers, and they present a challenge! Need to borrow one for a couple of days to sort one out!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a concern, thinking about the heat, and space available. Looked at Rangers, and they present a challenge! Need to borrow one for a couple of days to sort one out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts