Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to install a water temp gauge (2007 650 XT). Was told to install on the lower hose off the engine. And was ready to until I see it goes to the lower part of the radiator. I was expecting it to go to the top if it was the hot water leaving the engine.

Can somebody clue me in here - Which hose is which (top, bottom, cool water entering, hot water exiting) and which do I want to install this on?

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So the hose on top which runs from the top of the engine to the top of the radiator.

(did some additional research and I follow now, I guess its standard for the hot to leave the engine from the top and enter the radiator from the top, cool off flowing down through the radiator, then exit cooled from the bottom of the radiator to enter the engine at the bottom. And you'd want to be monitoring the water temp as it exits the engine at the top)

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
74 Posts
So there isnt anywhere to pick up the temp on the 'inside' of the t-stat? You wont get an acurate reading as long as the t-stat is closed?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Utvcrap does sell a inline kit It makes the install so easy

·
Registered
438 Posts
no what you really need is the utvcrap Gage and inline adapter ....you can install it within 12" of the cylinder and and Im sure the temp would not be 2 degree off .....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The UTV crap kit is the way to go. It comes with all the stuff (fittings, clamps, gauge, etc.). No need to run around and piece it all together yourself.

Now that Im done being confused on which hose I'll try to get it installed this weekend.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed it this morning with out any problems. All seems to work fine after the first test run.

Thanks for the help, and nice kit UTV Crap.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just ordered the kit. What temps did you see?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
About 100 sitting in my garage not running, which was about right.

While running sitting in my garage it got up to 180 after about 10 minutes or so. The Cat fan goes on at 180 and starts to cool it down right away.

Took it for a run at 50 mph down the paved street and didnt see it get over 180 - but thats probably not stressing it with the cooling from going 50.

Will see what happens on the trails tomorrow.

----------

I jacked my up in the back before I cut the coolant hose. That way I didnt loose much, if any, coolant. It helps get the engine higher than the radiator.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cool. Please post back with the results.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hit rocky (slow driving at times) Forest service/jeep trails out behind the house early this morning. Temp pushed over 180 at times (durning slow rocky sections) on the way back but not much past that.

I see UTV crap has an oil pressure sending unit housing too. I might check that out next.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sounds like your radiator and fan are doing their job.:)

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Hit rocky (slow driving at times) Forest service/jeep trails out behind the house early this morning. Temp pushed over 180 at times (durning slow rocky sections) on the way back but not much past that.

I see UTV crap has an oil pressure sending unit housing too. I might check that out next.
Thanks for the feedback Mike

When are you coming to my house to install my kit????

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 19 of 19 Posts