Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple of runs with the Prowler down a frozen sandwash...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats that white stuff? Looks like some fun riding for sure.
Yeah, we had a lot of it. Further up the wash, I was dragging bottom on it. But it was frozen hard, I hit a snow drift at about 55mph and bent both tie rods, even with the long jamnuts.
Prowler is in the shop now, getting torn down to the main frame rails...being built back up from the bottom rails into a BajaPro chassis... if DFR won't build a Nessy Prowler... I will. Watch for further developments.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sound pretty sweet. I wish I had that kind of time for projects. I'm not a fan of AC fix for the tie rods. I don't think the problem is so much the threads, but where the threads end , it seems like that is where they brake. They need to be all together heavier duty.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine bent this time in the middle of the tie rods, nowhere near the thread, but I was hammering it pretty hard, those were 50mph passes in that frozen ground...

·
Registered
166 Posts
looks like fun! I'm on my third replacment tie rod myself... the first one bent at the threads, I put the jam nuts on and the seond one bent in the middle like yours. the seond one also took out the outer cv and bent the a arm mounts!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was that low range?
No, that was in high range, but it was quite icy and really choppy ground (6-15inch deep ruts and whoops in this section), so the Prowler revved pretty easy. The first pass was 50mph, the next two were about 45mph. We had gotten 8-9 inches of snow several days back and this was what was left.
ProwlerBob, yes, I'm running Kings with remotes in the rear and piggybacks on the front. They really handle the choppy stuff and stabilize the XTZ on high speed passes. The heavier tires and wheels that I'm running make the Kings work harder than with stock, but all together it makes a great combo. Stable and smooth.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know just giving you a hard time. Looked good to me.
Yeah yeah, I know, your's runs faster huh....:p I'm still waiting for you and others to come to Farmington and lets go riding...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts