Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a bearing cross reference for the crankcase bearings on a 2006 Prowler 650?

I'm in the midst of a bevel gear replacement and I'm trying to do it on the cheap (plus i don't appreciate getting gouged by dealers). AC has replaced many of the original bearings with new part numbers, the price differences between an off the shelf SKF bearing, for instance, and an original AC bearing is quite large. As an example, the AC bearing 0832-015, replaced by AC 0832-077, sells at our local dealership for over $60. This Arctic Cat bearing is simply a 3605, which I had bought for $17 from a local industrial supplier. Plus, I've bought a high quality SKF bearing, not sure what AC is supplying, but can't be any better than an SKF.

The bearing I'm trying to identify is an AC 0832-012, replaced by an AC 0832-048. This is the driveshaft bearing, and the original (0832-012) is a 5206C3, not sure what the newer AC number equates to, but I'd rather put in the newer bearing type.

Before anyone tells me not to be a cheapskate :D, recognize this, this bevel gear repair is going to cost me almost $800 if I use all parts from local AC dealers. If I do it on the cheap, I'll be down to around $500. That involves bringing in parts from the US (my brother is in Michigan), and buying non Arctic Cat bearings. I think most people would agree, that since this bevel gear issue is an AC design flaw, we shouldn't be gouged for replacement parts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree on the price of parts. Maybe take the old bearing to the supply house and have them match it up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bearing match

I suspect they could match it up dimensionally, but if the engineers at AC replaced it, I assume the replacement is an improved design over the old part. Matching it dimensionally will not necessarily give me an improved bearing....worst case, I'll order the AC bearing.:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts