Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I don't think they had belts on.
Driver did not for sure.
Passenger may have had it but it was definitely not completely latched if it was.

Not saying I am a fan of lap belts but when used properly they could have not bounced around like that.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Dude ran out of talent. Notice how the stock lapbelts still let them fly around the cockpit.
YouTube - PROWLER CRASH 2.wmv

He didn't run out of just talent, looks like he ran out of brains long before. Turning the wheel like he did, I knew he would roll before he did...stupid-stupid-stupid...

The driver definitely wasn't wearing a belt.

Gives proof to the saying, "here, hold my beer and watch this"....

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
That's why I say it could have not been latched completely.

A big guy like that upside down could not get the belt off that fast.
You have to remove the weight to get those to unlatch.
Plus the driver was on top of him so finding the latch with another dude in your lap would take a few seconds as well.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He didn't run out of just talent, looks like he ran out of brains long before. Turning the wheel like he did, I knew he would roll before he did...stupid-stupid-stupid...

The driver definitely wasn't wearing a belt.

Gives proof to the saying, "here, hold my beer and watch this"....
Yeah I guess i'm just assuming they had enough sense to have the lapbelts on. Cracks me up when people look at me like i'm an idiot when i'm taking the time to do up the harnesses. Rednecks like this give hillbillies like me a bad name lol.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Yeah I guess i'm just assuming they had enough sense to have the lapbelts on. Cracks me up when people look at me like i'm an idiot when i'm taking the time to do up the harnesses. Rednecks like this give hillbillies like me a bad name lol.
Yep, you are right to always put your belt on.
There was a guy that had bought a new RZR XP900. Installed 4 point harnesses, Pro-Armour doors and was always the type to wear the belts.
But one evening, after a long daytime ride, he, a buddy and his dog went out to check out the new LED lights he had installed. They drove less than 300yards from their camp. While turning around, not doing anything stupid, the RZR flipped over. He was ejected out the passenger side door and the RZR rolled onto him. He was airlifted, but died that evening...

So, wear your belts. I have to remind myself to wear them too, but I'd rather have a laugh with you about the stupid rollover, than go to your funeral...
Plus, wearing your belts and helmets is a great example for kids...

·
Registered
193 Posts
i love the dude with 1 shoe, talk about cheap protection a sock i see no cast, hillbillies.......im sure they were sober?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, you are right to always put your belt on.
There was a guy that had bought a new RZR XP900. Installed 4 point harnesses, Pro-Armour doors and was always the type to wear the belts.
But one evening, after a long daytime ride, he, a buddy and his dog went out to check out the new LED lights he had installed. They drove less than 300yards from their camp. While turning around, not doing anything stupid, the RZR flipped over. He was ejected out the passenger side door and the RZR rolled onto him. He was airlifted, but died that evening...

So, wear your belts. I have to remind myself to wear them too, but I'd rather have a laugh with you about the stupid rollover, than go to your funeral...
Plus, wearing your belts and helmets is a great example for kids...
Thats terrible. My Prowler is usually just for family cruising but that story reminds you of just how easy the worst can happen.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just noticed theres a little girl in the video thats wearing a helmet like shes getting ready for a ride...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts