Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently what is the best way to handle this issue, drain some fluid out? If I have already leaked some will it need to do in for warranty? Ive read that there were a few possible diff breather options out there.

Other than my rear springs rubbing my shock bodies, and the rear bottoming out to easily, this machine is awesome. EVERYTHING has its quirks, my solution is to go over everything with some locktite!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Read this and do what Jim says.. I have tried every other way and it does no work! http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/a...iscussions/478-rear-differential-venting.html

I will put a pic up of what I did and it seems to be working well, its basically what Jim says minus the drilling the diff.. Cost about $5 stuff from home depot..

You can solve all of your rear suspension woes by installing some QA1 14-350 springs in the rear.. summit and jegs both have them for like $35 a spring, I have been using them for months now and its great..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here is the pic.. The hose on the left goes to the fitting on the diff and all the way to the bottom of the black can and passes through the plastic can via some brass fittings and the hose on the right is just a vent with a big fuel filter on it to filter any crap in the air

·
Registered
142 Posts
No it will suck the fluid that it pukes into the reservoir back into the diff when it cools off. I would check the diff after the first few rides though as you might need to add some if all doesnt get sucked back in..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts