Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '11 HDX seems to have puked out the front cv axle shaft. They are the white collared ones that should snap in. The very end of the splines is a bit wore but it will slide in pretty good. Doesn't seem to snap/latch/stay in. Can the end latch release part be fixed or is it a complete axle unit swap?

·
Registered
561 Posts
If it is the left one there is a mod on arctic chat for that very problem. my 2011 prowler 1000 did it also. but after that mod it never came out again. I think they put a small o ring on the inside of the cir clip. But I'm guessing

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the passenger side. I might call the mechanic tom. he is pretty good over the phone. The o-ring idea is pretty good though I might give that a shot, won't cost much to try at least.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I had to put a new C-clip on the right front of mine because of the same problem but I think my axles might be different than yours.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
This is the passenger side. I might call the mechanic tom. he is pretty good over the phone. The o-ring idea is pretty good though I might give that a shot, won't cost much to try at least.
I have also heard about the o-ring fix also...........but really you would not think you would have to modify it to stay in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts