Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first utv, an 07 prowler H1. Took it out over New Years and loved it
The only thing I noticed was a few hill climbs that I couldn't make it up and felt it should have made. It does have larger tires on it. My thinking was to add a CDI box and something with the clutch system

Any ideas would really help. Don't know much about side by sides but want to learn

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the family!!!! we need more info on your machine to help you with this problem,,,,,,what size tires?? what size motor??? help us help you:D

·
Registered
618 Posts
Were you attempting them in High or Low range?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the site! Great members, and very helpful! They do offer clutch kits that are set up for larger tires, what size are you running? Many members have 650 machines, so help is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
just got my first utv, an 07 prowler h1. Took it out over new years and loved it
the only thing i noticed was a few hill climbs that i couldn't make it up and felt it should have made. It does have larger tires on it. My thinking was to add a cdi box and something with the clutch system

any ideas would really help. Don't know much about side by sides but want to learn
welcome to the best prowler site,there is all kinds of clutch work you can do,i use a epi sport utility set up and really like it,they also make kits for larger tires also.....as for as changing the cdi that just does away with the rev limiter and if you were running out of power you weren't hitting the rev limiter.....welcome to the family..................:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome to the family!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site, have you noticed a loss of top end power on flat ground also? A valve adjustment may help some if it hasn't been done in a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got my first utv, an 07 prowler H1. Took it out over New Years and loved it
The only thing I noticed was a few hill climbs that I couldn't make it up and felt it should have made. It does have larger tires on it. My thinking was to add a CDI box and something with the clutch system

Any ideas would really help. Don't know much about side by sides but want to learn

It an 07 650 H1 Prowler. The tire size are front 26x9r14 and rears are 26x11r14

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm with the guys here.. either throw it in low range to make steep hill climbs and deeper water crossings or do what I did and other members have done and get the primary machined and set up you secondary for your style of riding. After I set mine up for my riding conditions and riding style it made a huge difference for hills and water and I hardly ever need my low range again, only required for towing and grunt work around the house.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts