Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Were working on a intake for the Arctic 1000. That went into production last week. We did 16 dyno runs total in 2 days. And 2 different places to get a accurate reading. Pulling stock spark arrestor out we lost HP no matter what, Pulling the stock snorkle off gained about 1-1.5 HP. And with the DSF intake gain around 5.5-6.5 hp. Air/fuel conditions stayed in mid 12's with out spark arrestor in not a steady air/fuel mixture.

Stock Air Box:
54.36 HP
54.09 HP
54.55 HP
56.07 HP ( No snorkle )

Stock Air BOx Off:
58.51 HP
58.15 HP
57.63 HP ( W/ No spark arrestor )
58.68 HP ( Spark arrestor back in )

DSF Intake
60.33 HP
59.36 HP
61.04 HP ( With Outter wear off filter )

Back to stock for heat cycle check
56.07 HP (stock air box w/o snorkle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Great info!! It sounds like it likes to have some back pressure right?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Good job guys. lots of time testing there. The arcticats for some reason lose power when you mess with the factory pipes even on the 650s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah were going to do some more testing with a few exhaust system so ill keep you guys up to date and still trying to figure out how come the dyno sheet wont upload on to this form i might just have to take a picture of it with my camera to post it up here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did scan it but for some reason the file wont download, I also tried taking a picture of it but it comes out to blury to even post. So im still trying to figure something out.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Would not be surprised if the two into one is not the better bang for the buck for most people.They will have better low end and midrange and a good top end pull.And ofcourse they will cost less.On the other hand though the duals will have more power with engine mods.I would not be surprised to find out that the exhaust port is kinda small for duals.And if the exhaust port is too small for the duals the exhaust gas speed is so fast when it exits that it will pull some of the intake charge out with it before the exhaust valve closes when the cam is in overlap.
yeah were going to do some more testing with a few exhaust system so ill keep you guys up to date and still trying to figure out how come the dyno sheet wont upload on to this form i might just have to take a picture of it with my camera to post it up here.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I did scan it but for some reason the file wont download, I also tried taking a picture of it but it comes out to blury to even post. So im still trying to figure something out.

Were are you guys located? I need another Dyno run for comparison.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And i see your a member do you no what it cost to be a member and a my company on here with all the products that im making for the prowler. And i want to put together a group buy for the intakes and the long travel kits and give them away at dealer cost just to get them out there and becasue i no money is tight with every one these day with the economy.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
at some point there will be a charge for advertising I am sure. I don't have the time line on this at this time. for now it is free!!!!!!

I am sure there will be vendor threads and maybe forum specific places to post only and all your stuff.

So I guess with out mixing words after a couple of crown and cokes,,,,I would say Pimp your **** out! Start a thread for each unique products and ask the guys if they really want and or will step up and do a group buy. start a pole? find out what the public wants in this economy.

I have an intake and until a product is prov-en I cant spend the money. but the new intake does help so I am a fan and want to see what you have.

So before and after dynos are great for proof and sales #'s, email me the pic if you want and I will help post them up if we can figure it out.

I have some great contact/vendors, but I encourage competition so Welcome, and make the most of our Arctic Cat forum!!

I hope I have helped? we have a great core base at this forum you could really plant a seed for the Prowler take over that is going to hit this coming season:cool:

dammit I ranted, typical buzzed post, lol

Your friend Rick

1 - 20 of 37 Posts