Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some names and numbers of other dealers around Phoenix? Action Motorsports is the closest one to my house but they're not stocking parts anymore since they're not officially a dealer anymore.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think the bass pro in mesa is a dealer and I have heard good things about them from other members here.. Here is their info 1133 North Dobson
Mesa, AZ 85201
Phone: 602-606-5600

AC's site also shows one called motocity that I have never heard of or dealt with in avondale but here is their info 310 N Dysart Rd
Avondale, AZ 85323
(623) 932-0600

The dealer up here in Prescott has a lot in stock as well but thats a long drive for parts..

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Try these guys too, they send a lot of stuff to Phx...

Eastern Arizona AG Center

Toll Free: (877) 556-7650
2700 West US Highway 70
Thatcher, AZ 85552

·
Registered
74 Posts
Chance, your over on the east sieed right?

I've heard these guys are good
Jim's cat house
1501 North Recker Road / Gilbert, Arizona 85236 / (480) 491-2069

·
Registered
17 Posts

Jim's cat house
The actual name is Arizona Total Auto Care or ATAC. They are at 1501 N Recker in Gilbert AZ 85234 #480-491-2002.....These guys are no longer an AC dealer but have a ton of experience working through all of the issues on the H1. I have my 06 in there right now for a secondary clutch update, 06 to 07 torque sensing clutch. They had it in stock. They cannot do any warranty work but these guys came highly recommended.

They also have all of their showroom inventory on sale for 50% off.....Time to stock up.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
The actual name is Arizona Total Auto Care or ATAC. They are at 1501 N Recker in Gilbert AZ 85234 #480-491-2002.....These guys are no longer an AC dealer but have a ton of experience working through all of the issues on the H1. I have my 06 in there right now for a secondary clutch update, 06 to 07 torque sensing clutch. They had it in stock. They cannot do any warranty work but these guys came highly recommended.

They also have all of their showroom inventory on sale for 50% off.....Time to stock up.
What kind of secondary clutch up date? Are they just putting on the newer style?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the old style 06 and it bogged under load. In 07 they changed to the torque sensing clutch with the cams. So, this is the newer style stock secondary. No updates on the new style clutch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the old style secondary also. I think the easy way to tell them apart is the new style has two threaded holes that alow you to install you cover bolts to spread the sheaves apart when you change your belt.
You should contact ATAC to see if they have another secondary...Well worth the changes you already have to your Cat. This would make it come alive.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Jim's cat house
No, I'm in the north valley, around 32 Street and Cactus. I think Bass Pro Shop is my next closest.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you need a diff plug I got a extra.
Thanks for the offer Chris but I went ahead and ordered one from Action Motorsports. I had to take it in again for another diff seal leak. I told him about the 1" below the fill hole theory and he said he'd look into it. I'll cross my fingers.

On another note, the last time I had my XTZ in there they replaced my rear shocks because the coils were binding to the side and rubbing on the shock bodies. After one ride last weekend they were doing it again. Is anybody else having this issue? I can't decide if I should be concerned or not. I mean, it's not right. Right?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Hey Chance You should be worried about the spring rubbing the shock body.As I am sure you know it will rub a hole or make the body so thin that it will have a blow out.I went through this with a set of blue coil springs.Blue coil is who king uses for their springs.Only problem is that these were not kings but revolution internal bypass shocks on my sand car.I am not trying to throw dollar signs around here but the shocks I am talking about are 1495.00 each and that is without springs.Anyway what Ron at revolution told me is that if a spring starts bowing from one side to another the spring is no good.Unless the shock is laid way down to were gravity plus the shock compressing the spring is causing it to take on a side ways bow to it.He said the shock has to really be laid way down for that to happen with a good spring.So I caught mine in time to keep some real damage from happening.Come to find out Blue coil had a run of bad 250 lb. springs.And of course I got four of the 250's and I cannot remember what the other four were.But anyway only two of the four did it.The other two are still on the car.If it were me I would buy some eibach springs or similar and be done with it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I'd like to go long travel in the future but as for right now it's under warranty so I think I'll just have them replaced again. This is silly, I took it in for a diff seal leak and coil binding shocks. One weekend later, I drop it off for the same repairs.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I agree it is silly.I guess you hopefully will get a good set of springs sooner or later.I just think sometimes it is easier to just change stuff out for the simple fact of being done with it.But then again they should make it right.
Ya know it is kinda weird that AC does not offer a premium shock upgrade for a upper end utv.With their pre order ability for say 100 sets of 4 they could probably get a descent price out to the consumer.And of course they could put some more profit in the bank.I guess this last paragraph was more for AC than anything else.
quote=Chance;7747]Well, I'd like to go long travel in the future but as for right now it's under warranty so I think I'll just have them replaced again. This is silly, I took it in for a diff seal leak and coil binding shocks. One weekend later, I drop it off for the same repairs.[/quote]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I haven't had any issues with the rear shock but I did just have the front pass. side shock replaced under warranty for the spring rubbing on the shock body. btw
I use motocity and they have been great.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I havent seen a Artic Cat dealer worth a **** in Phx so I would just order the parts off the Net. And find a good offroad shop to do the work you need done. As far as the AC shock go they are **** Ive seen nicer gas shocks on the on car hoods. Ac factory shocks are cheap junk and the aluminum collars that retain the springs are known to fail and the car will nose dive to one side and cause a wreck if your not carefull.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just a little update on my shock issue. The sevice manager called AC and asked about the shock issue that I'm having. They said they've had a lot of problems with them and they're working on a solution and to just sit tight. Apparently, there might be a recall on these coilovers. Who knows, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts