Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a ride on the weekend. me in the wildcat and 4 poo xp900. The temp was -13c and snowing like crazy. We put on about 88 miles. They made me lead I guess they thought I knew were I was going. I did have my GPS with me and plugged in. I really did not need it I was out on the same trail the week before with the sled. We rode to the town we have are trailers at and had a nice lunch on the open fire. We took another trail on the way back to the trucks. Snow was at least 6" deep but had no problem with my new tires. No one broke down no one got lost no one hit anything. It was a fun day. I need to get a go pro video camera. then I could get some better shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Man thats beautiful! I need to move! I would love to live somewhere that got that kind of snow. Glad to hear all went well! Just curious at that temp do you guys have cab enclosures? or Heaters? Or do you just dress like eskimos? Just wondering cause me and some buddies do night rides sometimes in the winter when it's in the high 20's or low 30's and I freeze my A** off! Thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
thats looks like a blast,i wish we got some snow to ride in. daryle i would say they dress warm,and there used to it.you can buy gear to stay warm but it will cost you,great pictures fatcat.glad your liking your wildcat.............:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Cool pictures. I was going to say the same thing. Seems like if you are going to be doing a lot of riding like that you would want cab enclosures and heaters. But then again, if you are used to riding sleds, then I guess it wouldn't be much different without those things.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Looks like fun!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the wild cat awesome machine. we dress for the cold and it can cold like heck here. I'm use to it. ride sleds more in winter here. we just did not have enough snow to ride sleds that weekend. We do now and will be going out on the weekend to stretch my Z1's legs. Temps that day were -13c. But can get stupid cold like -40c where I won't even attempt to go out. Stay home at that point with a nice bottle of brandy in front of the gas fire place or computer or maybe even in my hot tub. LOL

Hope you don't mind the sled pictures. None of us have cab's enclosed but I'm thinking of making a back window to stop the snow from swirling around and coming in the back way. We ride a small river near by. That's a blast. we just needed snow to cover it was glare ice. Can't get any traction. I just put in 25 studs per tire to give me a little better control on ice. (special screw studs) Next year I'm going to put picks in my stock tire and run them in the winter. Just need to find some cheap 14" rims to put them on and find a whack of 1" carbide picks like I have on my sled.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
yes I agree with you if your gonna ride in the cold you need some kind of back cover it does help alot,i dont have one but a buddy of mine does makes a big difference,even good for real dusty days.thinking about getting one made that snaps to back of roll cage,with a zip out window.ILL just add that to my wish list..............

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thank You for posting about you Wildcat it is nice to hear about it and your adventrures. Please keep it up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts