Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a wonderful sticker!! Nice fix Arctic Cat , can you send me one for the bending tie rods, the front and rear axles falling out, the sagging rear springs and other screw ups you built into our $14,000 machines. I wish I could do that at my job. "That well doesn't produce any gas but thats ok I put a sticker on it" I could save my company millions in work over rig costs.:mad:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Due to the economy A/C has had to cut back on some of its R&D also had to let go of the QC all they have left is a crew of attorneys and Bull Shi% artist. everywhere yo look Teryx and RZR s kick our ass due to lack of factory support. If they dont have the money to operate then give us a public option to buy into the company maybe we can turn it into a real contender in the RUV market

·
Registered
682 Posts
I kind of wish AC would sell there utv interest to polaris. I have a good dealer real close.But, then they would probably go to hell too. oh well?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Any of you guys remember back in the old days when MADE IN USA meant something. the rest of the world looked at our products as being top notch setting the standards to which other nations would try to achieve. Now what does MADE IN USA mean. means that if something goes wrong they are protected by the best attorneys money can buy. the only way to fix our problems is start being accountable for our own actions. Including YOU Arctic Cat, each of us one at a time stand up and try saying yep I did it and it's all my fault and I will be responsible for recovery...... Aint never going to happen now is it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Arctic Cat, the new Toyota of the off-road world.....
Like others have mentioned, I wonder if AC will issue more stickers for these problems...
1. Head Gaskets leaking
2. Tie Rods constantly bending
3. Rear Axles Popping out
4. Diffs leaking
5. Front Ball Joints pulling out of the spindle
6. Stupid looking rollcage and seats mounted way too high in the chassis...
7. Lack of real world engineering

AC needs to wake up and step up. They have sat on their butts and let the world pass them by. Polaris just came out with the 4 seat RZR, already has the RZR-S and is dominating most short course and some BITD races, while Kawasaki has started winning a lot of other races with the Teryx. The Prowler isn't even a good trail vehicle anymore since the others have improved their machines...
AC if you are listening, it's time you woke the f*^$ up and listened to your customers. You have just about driven your dealers out of business and made it impossible for the dealers to be competitive without cutting profit down to nothing. This comes from many dealers.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Arctic Cat, the new Toyota of the off-road world.....
Like others have mentioned, I wonder if AC will issue more stickers for these problems...
1. Head Gaskets leaking
2. Tie Rods constantly bending
3. Rear Axles Popping out
4. Diffs leaking
5. Front Ball Joints pulling out of the spindle
6. Stupid looking rollcage and seats mounted way too high in the chassis...
7. Lack of real world engineering

AC needs to wake up and step up. They have sat on their butts and let the world pass them by. Polaris just came out with the 4 seat RZR, already has the RZR-S and is dominating most short course and some BITD races, while Kawasaki has started winning a lot of other races with the Teryx. The Prowler isn't even a good trail vehicle anymore since the others have improved their machines...
AC if you are listening, it's time you woke the f*^$ up and listened to your customers. You have just about driven your dealers out of business and made it impossible for the dealers to be competitive without cutting profit down to nothing. This comes from many dealers.
Very well said Darryl ! I am glad a few of you dealers are joining the pissed off club.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ya this will be my last AC.. I am impressed with the power and that is about it. We pay 14000. for a project car. then spend our own cash to fix ACs problems.WTF.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Amen to that cat n hat. I think we just buy the power plant and build our own car.Since i lost my Gander Mountain dealership the AC wuarantee is crap. So , if theres no guarantee and there not willing to back up there product , screw them. I guess my next will be a RZR, damn that hurt to say.Man i hope they listen to this, causeI sure like my car but enough is enough.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Got my sticker today in the mail!!
Darryl, you can add weak A-arm mounts that bend easily to that list too. I Just had to have the front end of mine cut up and re-built to make it stronger. They way I have it now is how they should come from the factory.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You guys all bought first year production and your shocked that there are alot of bugs. Comon. Amost all first year production runs have alot of issues, its the price you pay for having the new toys first. Not sayings its right just the way it is and most people know this. Plus it sounds like there is a real lack of good dealers down there, or maybe im just lucky. Ive ran Cat sleds and ATVs since the mid 90's and always had great service and have never been turned down for warranty.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
You guys all bought first year production and your shocked that there are alot of bugs. Comon. Amost all first year production runs have alot of issues, its the price you pay for having the new toys first. Not sayings its right just the way it is and most people know this. Plus it sounds like there is a real lack of good deals down there, or maybe im just luck. Ive ran Cat sleds and ATVs since the mid 90's and always had great service and have never been turned down for warranty.
It's not that we didn't know or think about the possibility of first year run bugs or problems. I myself have no problem with this as long as the manufacturer and dealer work to fix these problems and so far that has not been one fix offered to the customers that relate to the numerous issues with the XTZ 1000. This is the only problem that I have.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i bought my
XTZ for 12600. I think that was a good deal, and i have not had many problems, but there are a lot of AC brothers out there as well as dealers that are getting s----t on by Ac. They better back up ,look at what there customers are saying or kiss there loyal customers good bye.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Prowler isn't new, the motor isn't new it was in the Thundercat, the motor in this chassis is new but Tie Rods, and A-arm mounts are problems other years of Prowler are having. And the point is that they are not standing behind their product, they fix a problem that could kill or seriously hurt some one with a sticker? Which by the way they must not have very good lawyers, they just admitted guilt, and if someone does get burned they are not going to stand a chance in court. Think about the possibilities... some one pulls it into their garage or their toy hauler not realizing its ready to burst into flames and....
They are the same on their Snowmobiles,I know I have owned several and the 2010 M8 is already having problems that will leave you stranded and they won't fix it until it actually happens.I had a 2009 M1000 an dit was the biggest pile of crap, I traded it in on this new pile of crap. I hate myself for letting them screw me twice in the same year. Their not getting a third chance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It still sounds like a dealer thing. Right now between my self and my family we have over 10 AC sleds and 7 ATVs and have bought and traded at least twice that many over the last 10 years, and all warranty claims have gone off with out a hitch, so either you get treated different in the states or your dealers just arent going to bat for you. A good dealer will make things right even if cat sometimes wont.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
It still sounds like a dealer thing. Right now between my self and my family we have over 10 AC sleds and 7 ATVs and have bought and traded at least twice that many over the last 10 years, and all warranty claims have gone off with out a hitch, so either you get treated different in the states or your dealers just arent going to bat for you. A good dealer will make things right even if cat sometimes wont.

I have been in my dealers office while they were on the phone with their warranty rep and listened to the conversation about my axles pulling out time and time again. My dealer tells it how it is and AC says there is no known problem with the axles at this time. They have a solution now but in most cases the customer has to pay for this out of their pocket like I did. The dealer tried every thing in their power as do most of the dealers on this board. I think what this comes down to is the small amount of market share AC has in the ATV/UTV world. They don't want to show the commitment to this that you see in the sled world. This is what will keep them from gaining that market share. Stupid management is where it all starts. The employees are just following their orders from stupid.

Just my opinions here. Darryl, Chris, Mike.....Anything you would like to add here?

·
Registered
294 Posts
It is funny when it comes to AC warranty reps. Depending on which one you get can make a world of difference. The one I now usually work with is great, but anytime I get a different one it sometimes is more like a fight to get them to listen. I have never been rejected by AC for anything that I really thought should have been paid for by warranty, but sometimes it takes a bit of fighting.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have yet to be rejected on a warranty claim, knock on wood, but the other day when I called tech support to ask them if they have had problems with the ball joint pulling out of the spindle, the tech became defensive right away and wanted to blame the operator. My normal tech support guy was gone, so I got someone else. I surely hope I never have to talk with him again.

As a dealer, I feel it is my job to take care of my customers, even sometimes at the expense of my store. But I am a customer to Arctic Cat and they should take care of me, but instead they are focused on market share building, forcing dealers to buy more and more machines than they can sell. And the penalty if you say no is, no financing programs, no rebates, no winch programs, nothing for that dealer and his customers. Now if I can't offer the same 1.9% financing as another dealer, do you think that customers will stay with me? No, so I have no choice other than to do it. So I end up with more machines than I can sell...it's just like throwing money out the door. Another dealer just 60 miles from me, sent back 350 machines to Arctic Cat and told them to stuff it over their strong-arming practices. Now they are involved with a major lawsuit over it (they are suing AC).

Now, to tell you what started this bullcrap with me and AC, go out to your Prowler XTZ, then take out the upper ball joint retaining bolt on your front spindle, then pull the balljoint shaft out of the spindle. Then put the bolt back in the spindle and look into the shaft hole, see how much of the bolt is retaining the balljoint shaft in the spindle, just the edge of 4 threads.

Now I'll tell you what happened to me the other day, I was taking a run in the sandwash. Many of you even saw the video of that run I posted here in the forums (youtube video). 3 runs up and down the sandwash. The steering felt funny though, so I looked at the front end and both tie rods were bent bad (even though I had installed AC's tie-rod long jamnut kit). So I loaded up and brought the machine to my shop. When my mechanic jacked the front end up, the driver's side front wheel fell over, the ball joint had pulled out of the spindle. Now just imagine that happening at 60mph. And when I saw all that was holding the balljoint in was the edges of 4 threads, I knew it was a total screwup.

That's why I called AC tech. That's what upset me, that I could've wiped out because of that. And the tech's assinine response to me (he responded defensively before I even got to tell him the full story, I had said, " has there been any reports of balljoints slipping out of the spindles on the XTZs, I have one that stripped the edge of the bolt threads and pulled out." Boom, he got defensive and said, "how does that customer drive, he must be doing something he shouldn't".

So that's why I became upset.

AC has been bragging about increasing market shares lately, only because they are forcing dealers to order more machines while other companies aren't making dealers order...AC needs to re-evaluate their customer and dealer service.

·
Registered
103 Posts
But I am a customer to Arctic Cat and they should take care of me, but instead they are focused on market share building, forcing dealers to buy more and more machines than they can sell. And the penalty if you say no is, no financing programs, no rebates, no winch programs, nothing for that dealer and his customers. Now if I can't offer the same 1.9% financing as another dealer, do you think that customers will stay with me? No, so I have no choice other than to do it. So I end up with more machines than I can sell...it's just like throwing money out the door. Another dealer just 60 miles from me, sent back 350 machines to Arctic Cat and told them to stuff it over their strong-arming practices. Now they are involved with a major lawsuit over it (they are suing AC).
Yeah I know what you mean. My dealer took me down to the AC sled show last year in Vegas, and they did the same thing to him. That year he happened to sell about twice as many sleds as his previous best year. Now he has to take twenty % more for the next year. The only reason he sold so many was cause cat had so many hold overs and was blowing them out and there's no way hell be able to sell all the sleds he has this year.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I instaaled a E brake alarm 8 Bucks. End of story for me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I feel for you Darryl, I have had some that I never talk to get all defensive like that too. And my dealer rep, there is no working with him either. He has never worked a day of sales or in a dealership of any kind a day in his life, so to him we should be selling them no problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts