Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the site. These guys are very good. Hang in there someone will respond soon.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Start simple

Check battery connections
Check battery condition
Check all connections that you can see and find under console and hood, etc.

I've heard of melted wires, bad tail light connections, loose wires, corroded wires, etc. causing stalling issues.

·
Registered
421 Posts
if i hold the brake and give it gas and put it in gear it will go but when i come to a stop it dies
sounds like you have an issue with the wet clutch not releasing.when you try putting it into gear does it grind and/or kinda slam into gear?can you start it with it in gear?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after i put a load behide it, it seems to be do find now but before no it wouldnt start in gear and it grind a lil. what could that be? clutch going out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
so what did you find out, ours is doing the same thing and we have put in new oneway bearing, new clutch, new drive belt and now new wet clutch, still does same thing. Ideas???

·
Registered
3 Posts
prowler 650 H1 XT dies when you put it in gear

I have replaced the drive belt, clutch, one-way bearing, and wet clutch. Only thing I haven't replaced is the drum that goes over wet clutch and it still dies when I put it in gear. Could the drum be bad and causing this? Any ideas what else?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I believe the primary should be turning when its in neutral? mine has since day one..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thinking too hard maybe?

OK...maybe it's something complicated, or maybe not.

Could it be that in neutral there is no load on the engine and it idles OK. When put in gear, a small amount of load is applied, enough to reduce the idle speed just below the RPM required for the machine to run. On a carbureted model, an easy fix to tweek engine speed at idle, on EFI, maybe not so easy to adjust idle speed (?).

Have you driven it since this problem has occurred? Try a quick run, maybe something is just a little out of whack and a quick run might knock things back to normal.

Our reaction is to think the worst.....hopefully it's something simple.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
I believe the primary should be turning when its in neutral? mine has since day one..

On the Prowlers the belt is tight so when the Primary turns the secondary will also turn. The Primary will not turn at idle unless the idle is set to hi which will cause problems getting into gear or your wet clutch is locking up. The wet clutch should not lock up until the RPM is raised off idle.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
733 Posts
On the Prowlers the belt is tight so when the Primary turns the secondary will also turn. The Primary will not turn at idle unless the idle is set to hi which will cause problems getting into gear or your wet clutch is locking up. The wet clutch should not lock up until the RPM is raised off idle.
makes sense.. mine stays at high idle until the engine is warm, that may have been when I saw the primary spinning a bit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts