1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Nice find Joe. it looks like a Canadian company. I would like to see some pictures of the backside to see how much they reinforced the bearing support.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Shouldn't there be a drain hole in the bottom of the cover? I guess I don't understand the placement of what I guess is their drain right now, which isn't going to drain anything.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shouldn't there be a drain hole in the bottom of the cover? I guess I don't understand the placement of what I guess is their drain right now, which isn't going to drain anything.
The drain hole is in the bottom of the main housing I thought, make sure you are looking at the prowler side cover it is different from the quad side cover.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The drain hole is in the bottom of the main housing I thought, make sure you are looking at the prowler side cover it is different from the quad side cover.
My drains in both the front and rear are at the bottom of the covers. Not sure mine are oddball or not. But I wouldn't order these covers unless I knew for sure the drains were in the correct location. I emailed the company. I'll see if they have any reply.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My drains in both the front and rear are at the bottom of the covers. Not sure mine are oddball or not. But I wouldn't order these covers unless I knew for sure the drains were in the correct location.
I will look again I could be blind in both eyes not just one!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Here is my cnc billet diff cover. I have a drain hole in the bottom to make things easy.
Who did you have make that one? Any chance on purchasing these?

Just curious, with these new billet covers, are you guys using the same o-ring seal that the OEM uses?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Who did you have make that one? Any chance on purchasing these?

Just curious, with these new billet covers, are you guys using the same o-ring seal that the OEM uses?
The company that made this one I would never recommend. They cost me thousands of dollars to fix their mistakes. You can have any machine shop copy your factory cover and draw it on solid works and beef up the bearing carrier area. If I ever get around to it my friend can draw it up and give me the G code so I can share this with every one. Mine uses the factory o-ring.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Have you guys checked your differential drains yet? Are yours in the bottom of the cover or the case itself? My drains are in the covers. I email RDC about their covers and they said they thought the Prowler drains are in the cases. Was curious if they changed something from mine?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
RDC Covers

I have been emailing back and forth with RDC to get details ironed out with details of the cover and the drain. We both learned a little in the process. But anyway, they emailed me a picture to show both their ATV and Prowler covers in comparison to the stock covers. I have attached that picture here as well......

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Did they show the back side of the cover that supports the bearing ?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
That also appears to be an outside shot as it is also coned/tapered and the fill is recessed with engraving outside.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts