Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! good to finally be back.. and now I have a question.. My four wheel drive works (most of the time). sometimes it wont engage right away and it seem that my diff lock isn't working at all now.. I checked the switch and its fine just wondering if anybody has run in to this problem and/or if the actuator unit can be taken apart.. Thanks guys

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has had actuator problems?

·
Registered
282 Posts
should be able to pull the actuator out and test it to make sure its operating properly, you can also hear it pretty good if you get down there and listen. I have the cable actuated diff so Im not sure the difference between the actuator with diff lock and without. My actuator only controls the 4x4

You could pull out your front axel, passenger side, and look in there and make sure the collar is moving when you throw the actuator. In my case everything checked out, I pulled my axel, inspected, and put it back in and everything works, I suggest you do the same. I would say your axel may have popped out and is not engaging the collar inside the diff.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.. Yeah, i think its my actuator mine's a 2010 as well but no warrenty :( oh well.. guess I'll have to order one if I can't get it apart..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts