Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to understand Diff lock. How does it work? So when I put it in lock do both front wheels spin? Because mine don't one spins and the other sits there like a lame duck. I sure perfer the polaris front end because you knew all wheels were locked. Should I be taking this thing in? It has not worked from day one and I only have 17 hours on it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes take it in. Do a search here your front axle is popping out

·
Registered
155 Posts
x2 ...i have the same problem with an axle popping out......does cat have a permanent fix for this??...besides a o-ring....or putting in the same part # c clip???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well got a call from my dealer today. You guys nailed it axle popped out. they did the o ring thing. The mechanic there use to work on Yamahas and said they have the same problem so thanks for your help. I sent the info to the dealer and they did what you said so will see tring it this weekend.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Well got a call from my dealer today. You guys nailed it axle popped out. they did the o ring thing. The mechanic there use to work on Yamahas and said they have the same problem so thanks for your help. I sent the info to the dealer and they did what you said so will see tring it this weekend.

Ok back up guys. What year and model are you having this problem with. Yes the diff lock will lock both axle shafts together and give you a straight axle.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
155 Posts
09 XTX 700 here.......your right about Yamaha, i had the problem on a 04 Grizzly 660. they had "beefed" up the c-clip wich fixed my issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When the front diff is locked, both tires will be locked together and spin at the same speed. It's not goos to have the front diff locked and be in a full turn. This will cause a bind and possible break an axel.
It's not like the Polaris at all. The Polaris is AWD (all wheel drive) and the front end is never fully locked. Both tires spin but they spin independently.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok back up guys. What year and model are you having this problem with. Yes the diff lock will lock both axle shafts together and give you a straight axle.

This is a 2010 prowler 1000 xtz. It was the first time I need diff lock and it did not work. I understand the principle behind it and have read and understand why it don't work if the axle pop's out. I just hope it says working. I read on highlifter there is a axle spacer to eliminate this problem too. I don't ride with diff lock on and don't really want too because of the rev limiter. And I know how polaris front diff works I use to bullet proof them for people and have also owned 3 polaris sportsmans before this beast and still help my friends with them. Diff lock is new to me seems a little backwards and not as simple as the poo.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i've had some issues with my locker on my 08 650 prowler. mine is cable activated and both times i took it in the cable had come undone. from the switch the first time and from the locker the second. guess that's why they went to the electronic switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts