Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been taking it step by step with the online shop manual but run into a problem. After telling you how to assemble and install the pinion gear and pinion bearings it later tells you te be sure and put loctite on the pinion needle bearing. So to do that now i'll have to take the pinion back out and risk ruining the threads in the case from the lock coller. My question is would the loctite really be necessary? There are some tabs, very thin tabs, that look like they are meant to keep the bearing in place. So to those who have been through this, did you loctite the needle bearing?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've been taking it step by step with the online shop manual but run into a problem. After telling you how to assemble and install the pinion gear and pinion bearings it later tells you te be sure and put loctite on the pinion needle bearing. So to do that now i'll have to take the pinion back out and risk ruining the threads in the case from the lock coller. My question is would the loctite really be necessary? There are some tabs, very thin tabs, that look like they are meant to keep the bearing in place. So to those who have been through this, did you loctite the needle bearing?
if the brg was a tight fit in the case i dont think you will have a prob with not locktiting,should be fine as is.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bearing is tight in the case and a loose fit to the pinion, so I kinda thought it wasn't necessary. Also the older case that I bought didn't have the tabs so I guess AC added them on the newer ones. I think I'll order some of that loctite anyway while i'm waiting on my oil seal. I might have this thing done before the new year. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
421 Posts
the wicking locktite you can apply after its together,that will save you trying to get the brg back out w/o destroying it,which you probly will!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts