Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, been a long time since my last post!

Do anyone of you have experience with different width tires on same with rims? Ex: 27/9-14 tires in front and 27/11-14 rear - all on 7" width rims.
Will there be a different in hight front vs rear?

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Hey Buddy! Ya, the rears will be a little bigger diameter because the sidewalls are being squished together 2" more than the fronts. Enough to ruin the transmission? I doubt it. Why not run the same width all the way around? That way you can rotate them. I run 28X12x14's all the way around. Love them! Just put a set of 4 28X10x14's on new 14X7 rims on the RZR, love them.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Many people do it that way because most aftermarket wheels come in 7 wide. A few do make 8" wide wheels for arctic cats. Don't forget to consider backspacing also. Most aftermarket wheels will make your machine wider.

So you can find wheels with 8 wide options or run your 27x9 and 27 x 11 tires on 7" or you get all the same size.

If you don't ride a lot of mud, then I think the 4 tires of the same size such as 27x10, on 7" wide rims is my preferred option.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Stopped on pavement, ya... Its a muscle builder. Once you get her rolling a little, it's not bad at all!
A lot of guys are running RZR take off's on Rangers. You can pick them up cheaper than buying new....

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
No EPS on mine either! Afraid to try one! Then I'd have to have it! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts