Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 650 h1 does not have gagues i wanted to upgrade to some thing can i do an oem conversion or can i buy something aftermarket, i like plug and play stuff, what are my best options, also i dont have the locker but i have 4wd what am i missing out on and can i change the front to a locker thanks for any input guys

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have an 07 650 and it came with the dash cluster, so depending on what year yours is, but i would imagine that you could just buy the dash and plug it in, I would think that the wires are there just not in use..
sorry i couldnt help you more than this, but im sure somebody will know the answer..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a 2007, 650 prowler h1 not the xt model, i also have been told i need a new wireing harness for the fuel tank level, the level reads in the cap like the old school stuff, i dont mind it just thought it would be a nice upgrade, i dont want to spend a pile of money to convert it

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the option of buying the new dash for 150.00 but i dont see any wire going to my fuel tank to get the level, im assuming it wont work. local dealers down here dont ever give me a straight answer

·
Registered
37 Posts
Know this is old, but the H1 has the gauge pod plug behind the dash. Well, my 2008 did. Babbitt's has the gauge pod for $250-ish. Just cut and tape each wire going to the 3 lights in the H1 pod and tape back against the harness you currently have. The fuel sender wire is up under the upper seat frame above the tank zip-tied to the frame. But you have to buy the XT fuel sender with the wire connector that replaces the mount in the tank. This will get you almost full functionality of the gauge pod. But not MPH or odometer. But for another $100 in parts from the XT, you can put the speedo sensor in and have it as well. Just did this to mine a few weeks back. Got tired of the wife getting on to me about not ever knowing how much gas was in it... Replaced the dash as well since it was cracked. Got a new ride now.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Know this is old, but the H1 has the gauge pod plug behind the dash. Well, my 2008 did. Babbitt's has the gauge pod for $250-ish. Just cut and tape each wire going to the 3 lights in the H1 pod and tape back against the harness you currently have. The fuel sender wire is up under the upper seat frame above the tank zip-tied to the frame. But you have to buy the XT fuel sender with the wire connector that replaces the mount in the tank. This will get you almost full functionality of the gauge pod. But not MPH or odometer. But for another $100 in parts from the XT, you can put the speedo sensor in and have it as well. Just did this to mine a few weeks back. Got tired of the wife getting on to me about not ever knowing how much gas was in it... Replaced the dash as well since it was cracked. Got a new ride now.
Nice work and thanks for the information.
+1 added to your rep.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Someone contacted me last week on this right-up and I wasn’t aware it was part of the FAQ’s so I thought I’d update with the parts listing to turn a non-XT to the digital gauge pod with all functions working.

Prowler 650 XT Speedo Listing (2008)
1ea. 0831-039 Ring, EXT RET DSH-13 $2.97 ea.
1 ea. 0828-069 Washer. Thrust $2.97 ea.
1ea. 0822-050 Trigger, Speedo Sensor $5.40 ea.
1 ea. 0831-040 Ring, EXT RET – DSH-17 $2.97 ea.
1 ea. 0830-129 Gasket, Odometer Drive $2.97 ea.
2 ea. 0829-023 Pin, Solid Dowel (6mmx12mm) $2.97 ea.
1 ea. 0822-049 Housing, Speedo Sensor $13.77 ea.
1 ea. 0824-042 Sensor, Speedo-Hall Effect $53.54 ea.
1 ea. 8468-620 Screw, Mach-TSPNH M6x1.0x20 $6.22 ea.

Reuse the m6x45 screws that you took out of the non-speedo housing along with the l/w to save some money. If you have access to external retaining rings, you can get them at hardware stores as well and save even more. And the last thing, go to Lowe's and pick up an M6x20 screw or socket to use to hold P/N 0824-042 on as $7 from AC is outrageous.

Prowler 650 XT Fuel Sending Unit Listing (2008)
1 ea. 0570-255 Sender, Fuel Level – KIT $74.45 ea.

Prowler 650 XT LCD Gauge (2008)
1 ea. 0520-029 Gauge, A/D LCD $256.08 ea.
2 ea. 0423-493 Nut, Hex M4-.7 w/star wshr $2.97 ea.
1 ea. 0420-065 Clamp, Plastic LCD Gauge $2.97 ea.

Same thing here – hit Lowe's up for the 2 nuts and if you can’t buy them with the star washer captive already, buy them separate.

WELL worth the money to change over!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts