Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disappointment Continues **UPDATE WOO HOO**

I has almost been a month now since our XTZ burned in buttercup. Since then AC has asked for pictures and had the dealer remove and ship the Parking brake rotor and caliper back for evaluation. That was over two weeks ago and my patience is wearing thin. Then I recieved a call this past Friday from a rep who smoothe talking and all said no one was at AC to evaluate anything because of "hunting season". C'mon are there like 5 people there who can handle this? Is the company that small that the ENTIRE department is out hunting? So she explains her sympathy and appologizes up and down for the wait but said she would call with an update definately by Tuesday of this week................Its now Thursday late afternoon (in Minesota anyway) and still nothing. My wife calls the rep and she again appologizes and explains she is having difficulty pulling a meeting together to find out what it is they want to do...My feeling is that they are just trying to find a way to blame us for the fire and avoid dealing with this all together.

Reasons for my rising blood pressure:

I have gotten a bill already for a melted heap of metal in my garage

My wife could have been seriously burned or killed in this product

AC has taken apart my machine and is sitting on their hands twittling thumbs while interest on the loan continues to compound

Man I really hate smoothe talking CSR reps!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
didnt you have insurance on it??? I would think that it would be covered under your fire & theft. and sorry for your loss and glad no one was hurt

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hopefully you do have insurance on it. That way you can also get the insurance adjusters looking into the matter. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That there in lies our problem. No insurance. We bought it on a tuesday and left that thursday to the sand dunes. We were planning on getting insurance for it when we returned. We were not going to do anything with the prowler except putting around to get ice and basically break it in.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Prowlercat, the good thing is that they are talking to you. I know that is not good enough right now with what you are going through. However that is how all of them weather it is yamaha or bmw handle these things. Not saying that it could not be a little faster with another company but they are looking at the brake rotor, caliper etc. Like you I would be pissed that I did not have a answer yet. I know this is gonna be hard to swallow but I am learning that the more diplomatic I become as I go through this kinda stuff the more leverage it seems to give me. Granted sometimes diplomacy has its limits and you have to get nasty sometimes. But I will say the nice part has it's advantages in that they can't just hang up on you. And if any of your phone calls or corrasponces are brought up later you look like a victim and not a jerk. Just my opinions here.
Sounds to me like you need to be compensated for your lost riding time too.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am glad you brought that up, because that is a valid point. And believe me I have been keeping track of when, who, time of day calls have been made just in case this has to go to the next step we are prepared. We have not gotten nasty yet, but their responses have not reassured me that they working on it. More like well get to it when we get to it.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Well here is something for you to think about. The only people that AC has on staff That could really look at the parts that were sent to them are engineers. And I would bet that they are not qualified even though they are engineers to really know what they are looking at. Yes they can tell you that there was a fire and stuff got really hot. And maybe a few more technical details that you or I could not see. But as far as them being able to say yep the muffler bearing caused the fire or the parking brake was left on caused it I really doubt. In my opinion they probably shipped it out for a qualified person or lab to examine it. Or maybe they have someone that they sub contract to come examine. Either way I am pretty sure they are waiting on results. The real deal is that you are entitled to be treated as good as anyone else who had a fire. And I sure hope they will not discriminate against you. So if they gave up a new cat to the other guy and compensated him than you are entitled to that too.
Very smart to be keeping track of everything like you stated. But if you have a minute just think about what I wrote about them not having answers yet. That is BS they just don't have anyone qualified there that would hold up in court.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
438 Posts
You know like I said befor .... what a @@@@@@@@ JOKE everybody is Hunting ??? what the @@@@ do the people who own the Arctic Cat stock think about that ??? well I guess they arnt happy either 6.38s cent a share ... what a joke. I guess thats why they will never be as big as yamaha or honda .. I can guaran####ingt-it they dont shut down shop to to go Hunting ....... The first mistake you made was sending them ####...thats what attorneys are for ........ you think they are going to look at your rotor and say oh gosh sure thing no signs of wear here ... heres your new arctic cat .... ya im sure they hand these things out like m&m s

keep us updated because there are lots of attorneys that love class action lawsuits .......... oh did I forget to mention they still havnt called me back from any of the calls I made to them ...

Skime, Roger 66 1983 Vice President - Research & Development
Ray, Ronald 60 2004 Vice President - Operations
Blount, Terry 66 1996 Vice President - Human Resources
Jordan, Claude 52 2008 President, Chief Operating Officer
Roering, Kenneth 67 --Lead Director
Walker, Mary 54 2007General Manager - Parts, Garments and Accessories
Ostrander, Gregg 56 1995Director
Dondelinger, Robert 73 1983Director
Lester, Susan 52 2004Director
Masayoshi, Ito 55 2004Director
Delmore, Timothy 551 989Chief Financial Officer,
Corporate SecretaryTwomey, Christopher

Look at the ages of these guys ... you better have those deer chained up lol

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You know like I said befor .... what a fucking JOKE everybody is Hunting ??? what the **** do the people who own the Arctic Cat stock think about that ??? well I guess they arnt happy either 6.38s cent a share ... what a joke. I guess thats why they will never be as big as yamaha or honda .. I can guaranfuckingt-it they dont shut down shop to to go Hunting ....... The first mistake you made was sending them ****...thats what attorneys are for ........ you think they are going to look at your rotor and say oh gosh sure thing no signs of wear here ... heres your new arctic cat .... ya im sure they hand these things out like m&m s

keep us updated because there are lots of attorneys that love class action lawsuits .......... oh did I forget to mention they still havnt called me back from any of the call I made to them ...

Skime, Roger 66 1983 Vice President - Research & Development
Ray, Ronald 60 2004 Vice President - Operations
Blount, Terry 66 1996 Vice President - Human Resources
Jordan, Claude 52 2008 President, Chief Operating Officer
Roering, Kenneth 67 --Lead Director
Walker, Mary 54 2007General Manager - Parts, Garments and Accessories
Ostrander, Gregg 56 1995Director
Dondelinger, Robert 73 1983Director
Lester, Susan 52 2004Director
Masayoshi, Ito 55 2004Director
Delmore, Timothy 551 989Chief Financial Officer,
Corporate SecretaryTwomey, Christopher

Look at the ages of these guys ... you better have those deer chained up lol[/quo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I totally get what you are comming from Johnny and trust me I was 100% against sending the parts in but I wanted to show that I had good faith and nothing to hide and allow them to do what they requested so when this goes before a judge they cant say we were not reasonable or cooperative.

Today the dealer calls my wife and says that this is ridiculous and for this to drag on for almost a month is absurd. She explained that she even asked their AC rep if they could just replace it and be done and apparently the AC rep said that was not possible.

I spoke with our attorney today as well, (good family friend) and he mentioned that every new car/atv/motorhome ect has an automatic implied warranty of merchantability. So I wanted to know more on this legal term and did some reading this morning:

merchantability legal definition of merchantability. merchantability synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

The conversation we had with AC yesterday stated that hopefully monday if not sooner they will get back to us. I will take that as their final answer and honor Mondays date before moving forward.

·
Registered
463 Posts
This is a shame. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well at least for now they are planning on replacing it. We just got off of the phone with our dealer and he said that he made a call to the Supervisor of the local AC rep and let him know how AC was handling this or lack there of especially about the hunting non sense. 20 minutes later he explained he recieved a call the same rep we had been speaking to directly at AC and she mentioned that a replacement has been authorized and we are to take the frame in to the dealer on Tuesday of next week.

For now a small victory but I still am holding my breathe until the new one is in my drive way. I will keep you all updated and thanks for all the advice and support!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I personally am very Excited that Arctic Cat has stepped up and Taken care of you. I just get so pissed when I see a company that has taken a chance with building a new unit like the 1000 and then let it self distruct .... now that they are getting everything working on the 1000 they should take the baja model and do a factory seat drop, beaf up the frame and arm mounts a tad and sell a few 1000 units real fast ... just my two cents.

Good Luck with the new ride and Happy Trails

1 - 14 of 14 Posts