Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i have a prowler that has been sitting for a year, winch cable was broken,tie rod on r/side bent back towards frame and the lock for the hood broken. ordered parts to fix the problems. i now have a problem with it running when you press on the gas pedal.as long as it idles you are good but when you mash the gas it flutters. HELP

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
been sitting

welcome aboard,you will get plenty of help getting it going again.what year is it ,and what motor size.i would start with the fuel,my guess is carb is gummed up.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Im with the carb gummed up too! Welcome

·
Registered
432 Posts
hello everyone i have a prowler that has been sitting for a year, winch cable was broken,tie rod on r/side bent back towards frame and the lock for the hood broken. ordered parts to fix the problems. i now have a problem with it running when you press on the gas pedal.as long as it idles you are good but when you mash the gas it flutters. HELP
Welcome to the forum! I believe you're are getting some good advise. If it's been sittin' don't forget to empty/flush fuel tank and replace with fresh.
Check out the air filter and box and check for any little critters that may have gotten in there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Second that... I would just pull the carb and soak in carb cleaner for a day or two and blow it out. Should be good to go AFTER you repalce the fuel. Also, after sitting a year I think it would pay to go ahead and stick a plug in it...Welcome to the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts