Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad was complaining about freezing when he plowed snow with his 08 Prowler 650 and was sending me links to all these sub $500 door kits that all seemed like garbage. I needed a garage project so fabricated a set of doors and back panel out of steel rod and waxed canvas. While I was at it I modified the plow, added a back up camera, light bars, SAE connector in the dash for trickle charge or run accessories from as well as a switch panel to run everything I added individually. More explanation is in this video I shot as well as links to most of the parts used. Pretty happy about it. Have a look and let me know what you think. Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great job on the cab enclosure! I like the idea of using snaps. I made a set of similar doors for a long since gone SxS once and tried gluing the canvas with less than spectacular results. I wish I'd thought of snaps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It works well....the suicide opening needed to get a safety bungie setup...I took an eye hook cut out a bit and used one of those cord wrap short bungie loops that have a 1" knob. over 35mph the doors can open...but opening the other way didn't allow for a closure/lock that made sense/ease or easy for a less than mobile older guy...ie..dad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts