Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this winter I want to play around with my clutching setup to really dial in my '10 xtx. I currently am running all red rollers and a black secondary spring, I'm going to go with the original white secondary and maybe play around with a red/blue setup. Would like to try some different combos so if any of you guys have any spare rollers in good condition laying around I would be really interested. Also, any of you guys with the 700's find a setup that really works well for you? I have /// stage 5 clutching already and I totally spanked my bud in his brand new teryx with my cat and he has been working very hard to wake up his ride to beat me so I need to do some "secret" tuning to keep on spankin him at the drag strip. I know I can get mine to work a little better, especially in the 50 mph and up range.

Thanks guys,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I can take a peek in the shed
I think I have a EPI Utility clutch kit minus the wet clutch springs.
It has a red secondary spring and 21gram rollers, same as arctic cat blue.
The epi rollers I believe are a smaller diameter to allow the primary to open up more and let the belt drop down for a lower gear ratio, not 100% sure but 99% think that is the way it is I can mic. both and see.

Also it is probably inventory time on my AC parts and get rid of some, I will keep some things as my mom and my mother and father in-law have prowlers.
Liking the RZR-4 so far.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can take a peek in the shed
I think I have a EPI Utility clutch kit minus the wet clutch springs.
It has a red secondary spring and 21gram rollers, same as arctic cat blue.
The epi rollers I believe are a smaller diameter to allow the primary to open up more and let the belt drop down for a lower gear ratio, not 100% sure but 99% think that is the way it is I can mic. both and see.

Also it is probably inventory time on my AC parts and get rid of some, I will keep some things as my mom and my mother and father in-law have prowlers.
Liking the RZR-4 so far.
Right on! Thanks Riddler.. anything else you may find I would more than likely be interested. Glad you're happy with the RZR.. my father in law has one as well and is very happy with it.
Cheers,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If cat had a 4seater it would be a no brainer for me!
Cant wait forever
Come on Arctic Cat....

Sorry I had forgot about you, been working 12's
Today is my first day off unfortunatly it is -20*f now
But I will head to the shed and grab my box of clutch parts for starters.

I will let them warm up while I take my son out for a special diner.
He was recognized at school for being a good role model for the other students and received special recognition and a award.
Must have got that from his MOM, I was the kid with his desk out in the hall-way LOL

So proud of him!
Just had to brag him up.

Think he is gonna get a new Ruger 10/22 from mom and dad to show him that good behavior has benifits. They have a really cool boy scout special edition I have been looking at, even though he is just a Cub Scout.

OK now out to the shed!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Think he is gonna get a new Ruger 10/22 from mom and dad to show him that good behavior has benifits. They have a really cool boy scout special edition I have been looking at, even though he is just a Cub Scout.
...good move for the kid, you n' mom getting him a .22, help him be sure about gun safety now and always emphasize it to him. He will learn responsibility as well.:)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats to your kid! You must be so proud!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
No blue rollers sorry.

Have epi utiltiy clutch kit minus the wet clutch springs
Has 21gram rollers same as AC blue
Also Red spring for secondary
Shows diff kit for the 700
I have 490302
EPI Performance ATV and Snowmobile Clutch Kits: Sport Utility Clutch Kits for Arctic Cat

I have green and lots of red rollers Arctic Cat
Also the EPI rollers I have mic out the same as the Arctic Cat rollers.
My statement about the diameter being smaller was not correct. DAMN 1%

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No blue rollers sorry.

Have epi utiltiy clutch kit minus the wet clutch springs
Has 21gram rollers same as AC blue
Also Red spring for secondary
Shows diff kit for the 700
I have 490302
EPI Performance ATV and Snowmobile Clutch Kits: Sport Utility Clutch Kits for Arctic Cat

I have green and lots of red rollers Arctic Cat
Also the EPI rollers I have mic out the same as the Arctic Cat rollers.
My statement about the diameter being smaller was not correct. DAMN 1%
Right on, I will definitely take the rollers, how much do the green rollers weigh? I'd be interested in pretty much all of the rollers.. be fun to play around with them.. I might even want that spring.. how much are you interested in getting for the parts? how many of each kind of rollers?
Thanks again,
Mitch

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
green rollers

thats what my 06 come with i would like to know the weight to i was thinking 23 grams noy sure,and wondering what my white epi weights weigh they got to be lighter.and where do i get my stall engaugement at from the epi springs on the internal clutch. i have 1900 rpm engaugement.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
thats what my 06 come with i would like to know the weight to i was thinking 23 grams noy sure,and wondering what my white epi weights weigh they got to be lighter.and where do i get my stall engaugement at from the epi springs on the internal clutch. i have 1900 rpm engaugement.
Your stall is coming from the internal clutch "wet clutch"
I weighed the rollers for the epi kit and they are 22grams and white.
Looks like you can buy just the inner steel roller and change them out and still keep the outer.
It is a 2 piece unit and sold as inner roller weights and housing for roller weights.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have:
Arctic Cat Red 19gram = 12 of them
Arctic Cat Blue 21gram = 1 of them
EPI white 22 gram = 8 of them
Arctic cat Green 23gram = 8 of them
Drilled Arctic cat green 14gram = 6 of them

Red EPI secondary Spring = 1 of them

Like new fixed plate for primary = 1 of them
Good condition Primary shieves = 1 of them

Groved Primary Shieves could use to send out & keep your machine running = 1 of them.
"not too bad just enough to see & feel"
Don't know if you would notice performance wise?

####Can do 1/2 price of new + Shipping.####

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Click "Next" to proceed to checkout.
SZ12 Secondary Clutch Spring - Red $24.95 WEAC5000 Housing for Roller Weights $62.95 WEAC5022 Roller Weight $59.95 Total: $147.85

That is MSRP for the the EPI complete rollers and spring.

Your in Canada and shipping is $33 for the medium USPS flat rate box
Unless you can find shipping cheaper.
Need 10" long x 5" high x 5" wide
Coming from Alaska (AK) area code 99705

I can split that shipping with you and do $90 shipped

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can split that shipping with you and do $90 shipped[/QUOTE]

you've got a deal! Pm me the details to send you the money.. would paypal work for you?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
springs

riddler28,so my stall comes from the bigger springs on the internal clutch,and going from the factory green rollers to the white epi rollers would not be that big of a difference 8 grams.I like my set up just wanting to understand it better.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
riddler28,so my stall comes from the bigger springs on the internal clutch,and going from the factory green rollers to the white epi rollers would not be that big of a difference 8 grams.I like my set up just wanting to understand it better.
Yes your engine stall inital engagement comes from those stiffer springs on your wet clutch.

Going to those rollers 8grams probably raised shift-out rpm about 300rpm.

Shift-out is the RPM the engine wick's up to when you stand on the throttle say you stab the gas and engine quickly comes up to 6200rpm and stays there through the acceleration.
That shift-out rpm is dictated by roller weight.... the lighter the rollers the higher the rpm.
Also remember as you go lighter your back shift will be faster as-well.
Or if you go heavier your back-shift will slow.
Stiffer spring in the secondary or clocking it tighter will make back shift faster.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
thanks, you must know my motor thats what it comes up to 6200 rpm and stays there through acceleration, i start hitting the rev limiter right around that rpm range.thanks for your help now i understand whats going on.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes your engine stall inital engagement comes from those stiffer springs on your wet clutch.

Going to those rollers 8grams probably raised shift-out rpm about 300rpm.

Shift-out is the RPM the engine wick's up to when you stand on the throttle say you stab the gas and engine quickly comes up to 6200rpm and stays there through the acceleration.
That shift-out rpm is dictated by roller weight.... the lighter the rollers the higher the rpm.
Also remember as you go lighter your back shift will be faster as-well.
Or if you go heavier your back-shift will slow.
Stiffer spring in the secondary or clocking it tighter will make back shift faster.
Does increasing RPM here increase top end?:)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Does increasing RPM here increase top end?:)
No just puts the machine in the peak power.
After the belt travels all the way to the top of the primary then the RPM increases past the shift-out RPM and more MPH is achieved by just strictly revving the engine there is no more variable gear ratio by the clutches.

To increase MPH you must have the Secondary machined to allow the belt to ride lower than stock
OR
Build more HP so the engine can pull the machine higher in the RPM band "OVER REV' if you will.
Or
Change the diffentrails to a higher ratio ::: OR bigger tires....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts