Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to try and add a parking brake alarm from UTV Inc. to my 2006 Prowler to try and prevent driving with the parking brake on. I was told their kit ties into the parking brake switch. I looked at my 2006, and I don't see any type of switch. I don't have any type of dash light or anything either.

Does this mean I'm screwed and it won't work? Maybe you seasoned Prowler owners or dealers can give me more input or options?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I just rechecked and I think I see a switch on the parking foot brake bracket on the inside towards the support structure. On a Cat green 06 650XT but there is no switch listed for it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No problem

No big deal if you don't have one installed. Simply install a switch yourself. Not sure what the requirement is for the brake alarm, but it either requires an unpowered normally closed or normally open contact, or a power on/power off when the parking brake is engaged/disenaged.

If it requires power on / power off to operate, be sure to wire it to a hot wire which is only HOT when the key is in the ON position.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
outwest, i just went out and looked at mine and i dont have a switch any where around my foot pedal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts