Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father and I rode 50 miles today in these blizzard like conditions. The plow trucks never even bothered messing with the roads. We was blazing the trails even on the state routes forging our way through 2 and 3ft deep snow drifts. We had a blast today! Everyone that we went and had a visit with thought we was nuts. The wose part of the ride was the cross winds. Even on the way home we said heck with it and drove right through our town. And never batted an eye. Never hurts to live on the edge a little bit!

I wish we could do more rides like this! And sorry more the multiple posts the pictures are to large to upload all at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is picture number 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And picture Number 3. These was taken at about 35 miles into our ride. The most fun I've had yet on the Xtz.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a great time you had,those pictures look familiar....lol:)
Yeah, I bet they do. I Knew I had to post them to the forum. Posted them to F/b. And was yelled at YOU GOTTA POST THEM TO THE GROUP! So I felt up against the wall to not post them. Lmao!!!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
great times in the snow !!

BTW … from the pic showing the front of the rig … it appears like the toe is out still … might want to do as most of the XTZ owners have to and give it a 1/8" to 3/16" toe in .. handling will be much improved and tire wear will be increased a BUNCH as your just grinding them away now.

also looks like you have factory sag on the rear end .. add some more preload for a temp cure , suggest you look into 350 lb springs from Summit Racing or Jeggs for the rear shocks

just saying .. most of us have the same issue from the factory , they say 13" clearance but you lucky to have 10 at most from the factory. …. excuse me if you find me out of line or in error

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

BTW … from the pic showing the front of the rig … it appears like the toe is out still … might want to do as most of the XTZ owners have to and give it a 1/8" to 3/16" toe in .. handling will be much improved and tire wear will be increased a BUNCH as your just grinding them away now.

also looks like you have factory sag on the rear end .. add some more preload for a temp cure , suggest you look into 350 lb springs from Summit Racing or Jeggs for the rear shocks

just saying .. most of us have the same issue from the factory , they say 13" clearance but you lucky to have 10 at most from the factory. …. excuse me if you find me out of line or in error
Gary those steerlite a-arm bushings I bought will do the same thing,I think they do that for safety reasons I heard,my new 4-wheeler is toed out also.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Looks like a good time, I hope we get some snow to play in before spring.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

No your fine Gary appreciate the advice, the tires have 850 miles on them right now and actually do quite a bit of road riding. I am yet to notice any cupping or tread stress cracks. My bike is actually on a some what decent grade as well. More than what the picture depicts. I have also done some research on the 350lb springs. And have run into several issues.

I don't know how to figure out the specific part number for the rear springs from summit or jegs. 2 is I'm really not real happy with the ride quality of the factory "high performance" shocks as it is. But I do feel when the ass is loaded down it does handle much better. However the setup works good for what I do and spend more money isn't really something I want or plan on doing on it for some time.

So I'm gonna have to live with it for awhile, the way it is.

How well does the 350lb springs work on the rear, I've read that it actually makes the ass bounce more! Due to the unsprung weight.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
hardly noticeable as these ride harsh anyway… sorry just got back to this

on edit .. I should also say I carry a good amount of recovery gear all the time now … as I seem to try to get stuck when I go for a "trail" ride …

a lot of the trails are overgrown and full of dead fall trees and steep rocky terrain plus my buddy and I always "challenge" each other with the "ol ah you can do that" …. I've been on my side and several times had trees hold me from going over LOL

as to the springs .. the ones I got are about a 1/4" +/- shorter than factory but preload ring fixed that …. also just need it for the rear and take the factory rear take off's and move to the front. I got mine from Summit [they are reasonable $$] and IMHO a good alternative to aftermarket high $$ shocks . they are very proud of the aftermarket ones $$$ wise.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Gary, did you get a progressive rate, or a 350 Lb Spring, I think they are both 2 1/2 ID.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
believe the link above is what I got …. been so long I don't remember CRS for this old guy LOL

my receipt pouch for aftermarket stuff is up in Coeur d'Alene

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
sounds like a great time chaz,,I did 100 miles in the snow this weekend at 10 below 0,,,,, still had a ball

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sounds like a great time chaz,,I did 100 miles in the snow this weekend at 10 below 0,,,,, still had a ball
Wish I could have joined yah! Lol. The cold doesn't stop me from having a good time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts