Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut the aluminum for the doors, tabs are welded to the frames, getting ready to send the frames out for powder coating after the door latch arrives. I ordered a proarmor door slam latch assembly! Aluminum will be left in a brushed finish, still need to put them in my brake and make stress lines.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Cut the aluminum for the doors, tabs are welded to the frames, getting ready to send the frames out for powder coating after the door latch arrives. I ordered a proarmor door slam latch assembly! Aluminum will be left in a brushed finish, still need to put them in my brake and make stress lines.
Gonna look great RD...........:)

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
looks great rd !!!! :D

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One less thing off the (never ending) list! Passenger seat is next (Scat Procar Terrain, and Scat may change the fabric to match the Extreme seat I have) , then Suspension will more than likely be after the seat, and then I think I want to have Web Camshafts make up a torque cam. Bottom Line, I'm still having fun!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
One less thing off the (never ending) list! Passenger seat is next (Scat Procar Terrain, and Scat may change the fabric to match the Extreme seat I have) , then Suspension will more than likely be after the seat, and then I think I want to have Web Camshafts make up a torque cam. Bottom Line, I'm still having fun!
RD thats great your still having a great time with your prowler....lol I'm running out of projects.........

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Life is a ball! Can't wait for the weather to clear, me and ma are ready to ride!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
looking very nice , congrats on yet another cool project.

how tight do the skins seal at the frame ?? will you need to use foam or silicon for gaps ?

if ya do have to seal .. foam might be the better way as silly cone will make a mess trying to remove a skin and might even grip enough to bend the skins removing.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Naw, I'm just gonna run a 1/4" air gap all around, it will still keep the big stuff out! Still waiting on the door latch, so I got some more time to screw it up! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
agree , not like there aren't plenty of leaky spots anyway Eh

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is for sure! Once through the mud and you find out all of the spots it came in! Spend more time cleaning than we do riding (just seems like it?).

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
That is for sure! Once through the mud and you find out all of the spots it came in! Spend more time cleaning than we do riding (just seems like it?).
LOL i'm proud of myself mines been sitting dirty for 2 months now........buddys cant believe it..........maybe cause its been to cold to wash it....:D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
got ya beat , mine has last years last ride still on it :(

been to busy and to cold here also, as buried in moving junk too

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dirt is good! I hate working on anything dirty! Try to keep it clean, plus I don't mind cleaning it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Dirt is good! I hate working on anything dirty! Try to keep it clean, plus I don't mind cleaning it.
Yes it does suck working on a dirty machine,I took my oil sending unit off the other day cause it was leaking some because I never sealed the threaded hose barbs (my fault) every time I touched something the dried dirt would fall on my face.:(

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing worse than stuff dropping in your face while working under it!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Starting to install the latches! Pretty nice product that ProArmor puts out. I will have to blister the aluminum where the latch fits, or just cut around it. Either way it will look good, and just a knob to push down on the release handle. Latch is bear claw design. Next is a opening limiter, small cable will work just fine!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Fairmont79 I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product, doors are one thing I really want myself. Do you mind telling how much $ you will have in them once you're done ?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2 pieces of 3/4 conduit = 7.00 dollars, .080 aluminum sheet 2-2'x4' = 40.00 dollars, and door latch and hinges 50.00 dollars, powder coating =50.00, , should be able to do the same for a little over 100.00 dollars, spray paint finish would work just fine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Man that's awesome, wish I had the knowledge and skill to do that kind of stuff lol

1 - 20 of 113 Posts