Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rock crawling destroyed the factory skid plates, which ended up being the culprit that allowed sand into my motor.. So we reinforced the floor and made some skid plates out of some diamond plate we had laying around.

Since then I got my parts for the motor back, so it's almost assembled (will finish tonight) then it's time to fab up an intake and exhaust.. I also installed a wideband and some guages into the speedo cluster.. hopefully I won't have a sand problem anymore..

·
Registered
421 Posts
Rock crawling destroyed the factory skid plates, which ended up being the culprit that allowed sand into my motor.. So we reinforced the floor and made some skid plates out of some diamond plate we had laying around.

Since then I got my parts for the motor back, so it's almost assembled (will finish tonight) then it's time to fab up an intake and exhaust.. I also installed a wideband and some guages into the speedo cluster.. hopefully I won't have a sand problem anymore..
heres mine

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just courious as to how ripping up skidplates got sand in your motor?

I had nothing under the driver's seat, and the intake is behind the driver's seat. So when in the dunes all of this sand was obviously rolling up into the air filter behind the seat and literally filled the airbox with sand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts