Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just go my Prowler back from the dealer after they have replaced
rear wheel bearings on both side and the "A" arm bushings on both side on the rear, we went for a short ride (40Km) and the noise I had is still there, I took it back to the dealer today, they have done some diag and found that I possably have a bearing in the transmisson gone......GREAT
but the worst part is that the dealers mech is going on a 5 week holiday
so i have to take my machine to another dealer about 150Km away
...well they realy did try to get things together for us
we have a good dealer here, they treat me very well
Neid Enterprises in Terrace BC
hopefully I will get my machine back in about 3 weeks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on my Prowler
I have just talked to the dealer, it seems that a bearing failed in my transmission and the debrise has gone through the engine
he says the only good part was the head, the piston and cylinder are all scored, now we wait for the parts to get it fixed
thank goodness for CAT CARE extended warranty
I will keep you posted

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Ya this could turn out right, if they do it right you can have a nice new Engine and trans. i know the waiting for parts and stuff sucks, its a bummer it happened in the first place.

·
Registered
81 Posts
At 3200 miles the secondary drive gear and the secondary driven gear both went in my 2008 650 XT. That seems mighty strange to me, as I would expect a weaker component of the drive train would fail well before the main gears went. On top of that, Arctic Cat has the gears backordered, and after checking with several other dealers, our dealer could not locate the gears. We finally found them at arcticcatpartsnation.com. Makes me wonder if this is a widespread problem, which is causing the unavailability in parts. Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering if this gear issue might have caused the bearing failure in our e-pal from BC's machine.

Bob

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, here's the latest: Arctic Cat has redesigned the secondary drive and driven gears, apparently with a straight-cut gear instead of helical-cut. I hope to have my machine back today, and no doubt there will now be a lot of gear whine.

On top of that, the mechanic also found that the rollers in my clutch were gone. I don't believe I ride the most miles of any Prowler owner, by with a bit over 3,000 miles in two years I am wondering what else is soon to wear out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Elko.........you sure do not have many miles on your machine
I put 5000 km (3000 miles ) on my machine the first year we had it
it is a 2007
it is now 2009 and I have 9000 km ( 6000 miles)
I still do not have my machine back, they are putting it together
this coming week (I hope)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Skeena:

Here is the latest on my '08. Got it back from the shop Friday, with the AC re-engineered secondary drive and driven gears, plus new clutch rollers (the dust here really eats them up). Drove about 50 miles yesterday, heard a horrendous noise, engine lost power, got it off the road. I think my tranny is blown up. Had to let it cool for two hours just to get it into neutral. This morning my wife picked me up three hours from home. The good news is that the battery will run the winch without the engine running long enough to load the Prowler and our ATV trailer onto a car-hauler trailer. For what it is worth, my buddy was pulling the ATV trailer with his Ranger when my machine quit.

I am clearly disappointed. My friend and I have planned a 600-800 mile trip across Nevada this Labor Day, but obviously that is off until next year. We also canceled our trip for the UTVJam in Marysvale, Utah, this week.

Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gee.......that was a quick breakdown..I feel sorry for you
hopefully they can get your machne fixed
that trip accross Nevada sounds like a nice trip
too far for me to travel to go with you

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, that was way too quick for a breakdown. I guess it is fortunate, as my wife and I were headed to Marysvale, UT, this week for the UTV Jam. Better having this happen 3 hours from home than after trailering all day.

Terrace is definitely a bit of trip from here! Next year I sure hope we can do the trip across Nevada. A lot of planning has gone into this, and it should be quite an adventure.

Will keep you posted on what we learn went wrong this time. I did learn that the replacement secondary drive and driven gears are actually from the original 2006 Prowler. So, they have taken a step backward in time to when they had more durable gears.

Adios,
Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I got my machine back on Aug 14, We took it for a short ride, about 30 K's
All seemed to be ok so far, I will have to make sure we are in a group before we take any long trips
dealer gave me a list of the parts they used $1500.00 in parts alone
I do not know what the labor was as he would not tell me that
This just paid for my CAT CARE exteneded warranty, that cost me
1250.00 when I purchased my machine
I still have warranty until April of 2010

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it is a 2007 ....650 ht
get the warranty, it is very well worth it

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
You gotta love it when you get ahead from something like that.
Well I got my machine back on Aug 14, We took it for a short ride, about 30 K's
All seemed to be ok so far, I will have to make sure we are in a group before we take any long trips
dealer gave me a list of the parts they used $1500.00 in parts alone
I do not know what the labor was as he would not tell me that
This just paid for my CAT CARE exteneded warranty, that cost me
1250.00 when I purchased my machine
I still have warranty until April of 2010

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts