Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally felt that I had enough stuff fixed that the car would be safe and reliable so I took it to the mile markers today. I put about 30 hard miles on it testing high speed and low speed stuff. The car did very well except for the suspension. It needs valving badly. The front is very soft so it bottoms easy and I don't even think the guys that built my car in CA put any nitrogen or air in the shocks. The front fenders rub a little so I will have them clearanced a bit. The water temp never went above 200 and that was on nasty long climbs. It would recover to 187 - 190 within 30 seconds of the fan on. The power feels pretty good on the bottom end. I think my friend took some video of me pulling away from his Teryx not that that is saying much but should give an idea of how the MCX turbo runs against stock stuff. My car probably weighs around 1500 lbs or more. Scales any one? Here are a few photos.

Attachments

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Well I finally felt that I had enough stuff fixed that the car would be safe and reliable so I took it to the mile markers today. I put about 30 hard miles on it testing high speed and low speed stuff. The car did very well except for the suspension. It needs valving badly. The front is very soft so it bottoms easy and I don't even think the guys that built my car in CA put any nitrogen or air in the shocks. The front fenders rub a little so I will have them clearanced a bit. The water temp never went above 200 and that was on nasty long climbs. It would recover to 187 - 190 within 30 seconds of the fan on. The power feels pretty good on the bottom end. I think my friend took some video of me pulling away from his Teryx not that that is saying much but should give an idea of how the MCX turbo runs against stock stuff. My car probably weighs around 1500 lbs or more. Scales any one? Here are a few photos.
Out standing news Todd. Pictures turned out great and the body work looks like it is coming along great to. I see In/Out in our future. I have scales at work!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks good. It must be nice to finally be able to drive it.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very Nice! where did you get the fender flares?
The fenders are custom made by Chris at Flying Hammer Fabrication in Arizona. He used to work for Tatum Motorsports and his work is very impressive. He makes aluminum look like plastic. I am very impressed with the one piece engine cover he made for me. If any one would like his information send me a pm.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Fllying 121 . That is awsome. What long arm kit did you go with, and i would like to talk to that guy about engine cover and flares.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fllying 121 . That is awsome. What long arm kit did you go with, and i would like to talk to that guy about engine cover and flares.

Prowlerbob

I will not recommend the Long Travel because I have had nothing but problems with it. I would look at UTV Crap or Prestige for your long travel.

The Aluminum guy Chris is very talented with his fab work and you will be very impressed when you see what he can do with aluminum. It is not cheap but well worth the money when you see the quality and craftmanship. You can reach Chris at Flying Hammer Fabrication @ 602-463-6836. He was recommended by sandchris and I highly recommend his work. Good luck.

Todd

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey Todd a bunch of us are gonna do a ride sunday Hassayampa I-10 to wickenburg. will it make it 60mi round trip easy sand wash running.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Todd a bunch of us are gonna do a ride sunday Hassayampa I-10 to wickenburg. will it make it 60mi round trip easy sand wash running.

Warlock

I would love to do this ride with you guys and I think the Cat would do fine but I have to get the car back to the fender guy to fix the clearance issue up front and build a new roof panel and light enclosure next week when I get home. I will take a rain check for sure. Have fun and take some pictures.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Flyin121, i cant tell for sure but it looks like there are limit straps on suspension. Are they? and does the intercooler tubes get hot. It looks like your arms would touch them when ou are riding. I am really digging the fender flairs and the center console as i am getting ready for a seat drop and long arm kit.Without the flairs the mudd would be terrible.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Flyin121, i cant tell for sure but it looks like there are limit straps on suspension. Are they? and does the intercooler tubes get hot. It looks like your arms would touch them when ou are riding. I am really digging the fender flairs and the center console as i am getting ready for a seat drop and long arm kit.Without the flairs the mudd would be terrible.

Yes those are limit straps. Because of the amount of travel there was to much angle on the axles and the straps make me more comfortable. The intercooler tubes are back far enough to where you don't even know they are there. They do get warm but you can't feel it from the seats at all. My seats are pushed back and the cars frame was stretched a few inches to allow the seats to recline more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts