Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another post I indicated a problem with things locking up after fording a river. It was suggested I might have gotten water in the belt cover. It was also suggested there was a drain plug for the cover. Could someone tell me how to find the drain plug? Can it be accessed without a major teardown?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Well on the 650's its on the belt cover on the bottom. Not a big deal to get to. Not sure on the XTZ? I would imagine it would be similar.

·
Registered
421 Posts
on the xtz its on the inner(eng) side of the case,approx 2in back from center of primary clutch. you can reach it from the pass side from the top. 10mm wrench i believe. just roll your hand under the bottom and you`l find it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give it a try, thanks. I guess if it's that vulnerable to water a snorkel will be needed.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
depending on how deep you go you could get away with sealing up the factory piping. Replace the junk clamps with real clamps maybe a thin bead of silicone. But if you go deeper then the seat you should run them up. I hate the look of them but run mine up to about the headrest for insurance purpases. Pipe looks better then milky oil

·
Registered
733 Posts
depending on how deep you go you could get away with sealing up the factory piping. Replace the junk clamps with real clamps maybe a thin bead of silicone. But if you go deeper then the seat you should run them up. I hate the look of them but run mine up to about the headrest for insurance purpases. Pipe looks better then milky oil
I'm totally with you on that one.. I snorkelled mine now I don't have to worry about it.. i just check it to make sure everything is tight before I spend a day in the water! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts