Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick easy question

How many of you watch the rpm at wich you run while climbing the steep tough hills at the dunes.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I use a G meter and when it shows 4 G's that is about right for me.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You Guys should be on Jay Leno !

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I was watching this weekend, and I came up at only 5500 to 5800 thats why i am going to hit you up about the clutching. Dont mind the smart azzes lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I was running 15g rollers in mine last week and they were about perfect but I am making less torque than most setups so I suggest 4 15g and 4 20g rollers and you will be around 6500 up the steep hills if I was to guess which is a huge difference from what I had with stock rollers.

I am trying a different style clutch and have two sets of rollers each has only one trip on them each will include 4 15g and 4 20g rollers and I suggest one .060 shim to lower the gearing a bit it launches much harder this way but your top speed will drop from 80+ to around 72-75 which if you ask me is plenty fast.

Pm me if you are interested I will make you a good deal and guarantee this setup will work good.

·
Registered
861 Posts
whats the effect for a stock motor? Are you suggesting that the stock xtz run the same clutching as you do ? Sry dont know much about these cvts. jeez sorry, just read the title...duurrrrr how easy / diff is the process to shims and change the weights? Split

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would run 4 15g and 4 20g rollers and I suggest one .060 shim to lower the gearing a bit it launches much harder this way but your top speed will drop from 80+ to around 72-75 which if you ask me is plenty fast.
for a stock engine as there is more torque and it does not rev like mine I am sure. This will give great increase to your setup.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mine has had a .040 shim since the day after I got it everything else in th eclutch is stock as you know I have the MPI supercharger running 6 pds of boost and im right at 7000 rpms or a bit more on all runs ... and it runs great

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A boosted motor will pull more clutch weight.
That is what I am saying if his on 6psi is only running 7K then maybe mine is not much different than stock for clutching wise. I would say the setup I mentioned above will make a huge difference on a stock motor. Just a simple change for me was alot bigger change than change the performance parts alone.

If nothing else just do the simple changes I said earlier and use that as a starting point.

Pm if you want my suggested setup I have enough parts for 2 cars.

And Rick I can help you do yours out at the dunes if you like. As long as you have the tools it is easy.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I believe you are absolutely correct in that a stocker will even gain from lighter weights. The factory has to get the best they can afford to for all types of riding and elevations. And even a stocker will pull harder the closer you can get it to the rev limiter up the hill or in a drag race or any kind of race for that matter.
As far as johnny getting 7k on the hill he is leaving some hp on the table. I bet he would get 7200-7300 just by moving the inter cooler.
That is where a adjustable boost knob comes in handy. You can tune the clutch for the flats. Then when you get to the hill and you need some more revs give it a few more pounds of boost and I promise the r's will come.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
166 Posts
PM sent! ---

1 - 20 of 24 Posts