Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys..the season is coming up...anyone got any firm dates yet? I may do Halloween weekend...thxgiving week for sure...$plit

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i still have it..lol...still sitting pretty in the garage :D Will be doing Glamis for thxgvg Cracker. Split

·
Administrator
7,168 Posts
Been gone awhile, great to hear from you!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have never rode the sand dunes before,but it looks like it would take a lot of power to have any fun.:confused: I know you sand guys run paddles but that looks like it would take more power.?????????????

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have never rode the sand dunes before,but it looks like it would take a lot of power to have any fun.:confused: I know you sand guys run paddles but that looks like it would take more power.?????????????
The sand dunes are a blast, however, I do agree with you somewhat on the power thing. I do think it would depend on what you are riding. I had a Raptor 660 ATV with paddles and it was a lot of fun racing all over the dunes. But I personally wouldn't think it would be that much fun to just ride a utility ATV around there (at least not after riding my sport atv). Not sure on the Prowler either. Not the same kind of fun as my Raptor I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The sand dunes are a blast, however, I do agree with you somewhat on the power thing. I do think it would depend on what you are riding. I had a Raptor 660 ATV with paddles and it was a lot of fun racing all over the dunes. But I personally wouldn't think it would be that much fun to just ride a utility ATV around there (at least not after riding my sport atv). Not sure on the Prowler either. Not the same kind of fun as my Raptor I'm sure.
I agree on the right machine it would be a blast,along our river bank it has a sandy beach all along it,on our utility's we were always getting stuck.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well...the prowler/wildcat 1000s have enough power. Not sure about the smaller ones, though i have gone with a few guys on this forum with the 700s and they didn't have any issues in the small to medium dunes. You're not gonna make the giant dunes without knowin how to drive in the sand though, certainly not up a face either. Paddles make a big difference tho i have gone w/o em before, just air down to 5lbs.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
well...the prowler/wildcat 1000s have enough power. Not sure about the smaller ones, though i have gone with a few guys on this forum with the 700s and they didn't have any issues in the small to medium dunes. You're not gonna make the giant dunes without knowin how to drive in the sand though, certainly not up a face either. Paddles make a big difference tho i have gone w/o em before, just air down to 5lbs.
Thanks for the info,learn something everyday.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts