Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to report that the factory dust panel I installed on my 09 700XTX exceeded my expectations. The noise was reduced, and the amount of dust being drawn into the cab has been reduced 75-90%! I'd highly recommend this modification to all. I've attached some pictures, the interior has not been cleaned, and the back side of the dust panel is where the dirt accumulated! This is the dirt that used to be in the cab! I did not need to grab the air hose when I got off of the machine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I might have to add that to my project list, the list is growing faster than my wallet.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Iam not buying anything else..............:D
Sure I believe that and this is your Last Post too...I've heard that line before

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Now that I have the cab enclosure, the dust shield is now a must I'm sure. It will be added when I have the green.....:) Just another thing for my wife to roll her eyes at....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Now that I have the cab enclosure, the dust shield is now a must I'm sure. It will be added when I have the green.....:) Just another thing for my wife to roll her eyes at....:rolleyes:
just tell her mike H keeps finding parts for you to buy,then it will be alright.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
just tell her mike H keeps finding parts for you to buy,then it will be alright.:rolleyes:
From the looks of everyone's location I'm going to have mad wives attacking from all sides :eek: Time to start digging that fallout shelter:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
It's still in Springfield, Mo at the repair shop.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Having the pump rebuilt it's suppose to pump 1,500 gpm but failed its last test pumping less than a 1,000 gpm.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is a lot of water! How much pressure doe's the pump generate?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
That is a lot of water! How much pressure doe's the pump generate?
Our average operating pressure runs from 150-200 psi, it all depends on how long our attack lines are. We test our attack lines at 250 psi.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
So one guy cant hold the hose.
Our 1 3/4" lines yes, the 2 1/2" are tough to hold with one but can be done. If we're using it for a defensive attack outside we can loop it on itself and the weight of the water helps hold it down. I also carry 1" webbing in my bunker pants that I can loop on the hose then over my shoulder to help with the weight or tie off to the top of a ground ladder if needed.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
We use adjustable fog nozzles, straight tip nozzles use lower pressure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts