Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a role of dynamite dynoliner 1/2" thickness for the engine cowl on my xtz 1000 because of the excessive engine noise. Now I'm being paranoid about possible engine heat and possibly overheating.

Has anyone had any problems with ther buggy over heating after installing dynaliner to their engine cowl? Do I really have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I know others that use it and it really cuts down the noise level in the cab. No problems with overheating

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
I used it on mine with no issues. This is one of those unseen projects that I would do it again.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I used Dynamat extreme and Dynamat Hoodliner on mine, no problem with overheating but it's still loud. Looks like the dynoliner 1/2" you ordered is different from what I used and may have better sound deadening.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I used it on mine with no problems.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Who has the best price on the stuff? I've been debating on doing it to mine for noise. I've just read mixed reviews as some saying it made a difference and some saying it didn't.....

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who has the best price on the stuff? I've been debating on doing it to mine for noise. I've just read mixed reviews as some saying it made a difference and some saying it didn't.....
It's def ordered de3, talking me into getting an instrument cluster for it now! I'm falling for this buy it now thing! Lol. I ordered my 1 roll of dynamite dynaliner 11103 of eBay for $63.89 with free shipping.

The sellers name was 3kingsaudio. They have a good eBay rep too with over 46000 rep with a 99.7% satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
It's def ordered de3, talking me into getting an instrument cluster for it now! I'm falling for this buy it now thing! Lol. I ordered my 1 roll of dynamite dynaliner 11103 of eBay for $63.89 with free shipping.

The sellers name was 3kingsaudio. They have a good eBay rep too with over 46000 rep with a 99.7% satisfaction.
wonder if the audio shops that installs tunes in your car would carry the dyna liner.?????/cClark06,there is several members on here that did there own wiring on installing there gauges,saved them a lot of money,the only thing you would have to buy through utvinc is the temp inline sending unit.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
If sometime someone has there doghouse off I would like to see a picture of that dynamat installed............thanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If sometime someone has there doghouse off I would like to see a picture of that dynamat installed............thanks.
When you talk about the dog house, your talking about the engine cowl. Right? I should be getting my liner in weds and be installing it on Thursday Or Friday. And I'll be sure to take pictures cause I gotta get pictures of the rumble seat install. So I didn't have to drill holes in my bed as well. Along with doing its 1st service 3 days into owning it.:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
When you talk about the dog house, your talking about the engine cowl. Right? I should be getting my liner in weds and be installing it on Thursday Or Friday. And I'll be sure to take pictures cause I gotta get pictures of the rumble seat install. So I didn't have to drill holes in my bed as well. Along with doing its 1st service 3 days into owning it.:)
That's correct,wondering how you installed a seat in the bed without drilling.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I was just on another site,and a member on there said you can do the same fix for a lot cheaper,he said home depot has what he called flexible roof sealer and it's in a roll and looks almost Identical to dynamat,it cost 15 to 20 dollars a roll and you can double layer it and it holds up to heat,said it makes a big difference.JUST A THOUGHT.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just on another site,and a member on there said you can do the same fix for a lot cheaper,he said home depot has what he called flexible roof sealer and it's in a roll and looks almost Identical to dynamat,it cost 15 to 20 dollars a roll and you can double layer it and it holds up to heat,said it makes a big difference.JUST A THOUGHT.
Ugh.. To late already clicked buy it now... Waiting on it to show up. It's not suppose to get here until Thursday evening now.. So I'm gonna try and get it done Friday through out the day.. Plus ill take pictures of the no drill seat install and the dynamat install.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Ugh.. To late already clicked buy it now... Waiting on it to show up. It's not suppose to get here until Thursday evening now.. So I'm gonna try and get it done Friday through out the day.. Plus ill take pictures of the no drill seat install and the dynamat install.
Sounds great,Yea it's hard to stay away from that buy now button.:D post it under the project section thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Here's the stuff from Lowe's I bought a roll after I got the Dynamat, I don't think it's as thick at the dynamat but I could be wrong. It's very sticky I've used it for gutter repairs also.
Shop Peel & Seal 6-in x 300-in Aluminum Flashing at Lowes.com
2013-06-11 12.42.25.jpg
Here's mine with dyamat extreme and dyamat hoodliner.
2013-06-11 16.35.11.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Looks like the stuff from lowes would work also,how much does it cost,you could also double layer it,right.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Looks like the stuff from lowes would work also,how much does it cost,you could also double layer it,right.
you got my attention.................:D

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
$16.48 for a 6-in x 300-in roll. Don't see any reason why you couldn't double layer it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
$16.48 for a 6-in x 300-in roll. Don't see any reason why you couldn't double layer it.
Mike,how much is dynamat,I think I will also checkout that flexible roof sealer from home depot.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
1 - 20 of 169 Posts