Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the problems with with the e brakes has anyone just removed it completely i was considering this and replacing it with a line lock any thoughts on this good or bad ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i simply gave up on mine and no longer use it. i avoid parking on inclines as much as possible. .........line lock??? how does that work? sorry, never heard of it. lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
line lock works by steping on the brake turning the lever valve and locks the hydralic brake pressure on, to relese the brakes just throw the valve open. down side of this is if you ever have a brake line leak you lose your parking brake too. there used on some heavey equipment ie loaders forklifts older cement trucks they were very popular previous to air brakes

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
also used extensively in drag race cars on the fronts while in the burn box, and some on the line.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i simply gave up on mine and no longer use it. i avoid parking on inclines as much as possible. .........line lock??? how does that work? sorry, never heard of it. lol.
Mine never really worked good and I gave up on it for awhile. I figured out how to reclock the arm on the back of the caliper and works good now.

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
If I go with it I'd most likely mount it above where the brake release is now (keep in mind mine is the 650 XT), it's a solid spot and out of the way enough I think, plus it would be a short jog to the master cylinder.

I'm not really sure how you tie it in, that is one reason I haven't made the jump yet. I know you tie into the brake line but not sure if you split the line and tap this in or what.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If I go with it I'd most likely mount it above where the brake release is now (keep in mind mine is the 650 XT), it's a solid spot and out of the way enough I think, plus it would be a short jog to the master cylinder.

I'm not really sure how you tie it in, that is one reason I haven't made the jump yet. I know you tie into the brake line but not sure if you split the line and tap this in or what.
You can even get them electronically activated:
Hurst Roll Control Kit - JEGS

Apparently you just unhook a line from the mastercylinder and hook up the proper line adapter. Then run your switch wiring in this case..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ya Jegs or summit sell them 12 volt activated and you do splice into a brake line either front or rear. Front you can smoke off the rear tires forever, Lol. wire it to a switch and you are good to go.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
your can tie into your brake lines so you can have 2 or 4 wheel braking. I think i will put it in so i have 4 wheel lock up, I had a electric one on a truck i drove for work I'm going for the manual version that way i know i can release it when i want to no electrical things to mess up when your 4 miles to the trailer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts