Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave my Eagle Plow Mount on year round, it drops down from the frame at 3", I have bottomed out several times, the hits are noticeable, but have not caused any damage. I cut the tabs off of the Eagle Snowplow plate, rotated them 90 degree's to the front and re-welded them back on. Gained over 2" of clearance. The old tab is under the Arctic Cat decal, new on the left.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I know what you mean I've banged mine a few times also.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Nicely done.

We'll see how well my KFI plow mounts hold up this year but they should be ok as the entire system is built pretty heavy and they are mounted high already

Got over 30 inches of ground clearance with the blade up. :D

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was not a project that had to be done, but when you have time on your hands it keeps you out of trouble! I like the plate on my Prowler for the protection it offers, keep the front diff protected. The tabs are 1/4", and the Plate is 3/16", pretty stout!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
This sounds like a project for my son-in-law.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very easy to do, used my cut off wheel to get the tabs off, cleaned the old welds, and welded them back on. It is in Primer now, going to finish paint it tomorrow, Krylon Semi=Gloss Black!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I need to buy a welder.....and then learn how to weld!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wire feed is the way to go, 120 volt units will weld up to 3/16" with no problem. Only downside is that a weld may look great, but it failed to have any penetration. But it is all part of the learning curve. I use mine at least once a week, and the wife will use it maybe 3 times a year for crafts! Usually during the winter! I've had mine since 1995 and have only replaced a circuit panel (100.00). I know most of the school systems here offer welding classes.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
My son-in-law is a machinist by trade and an excellent welder so I have a teacher who will work for bbq & beer :D I have lots of woodworking tools time to start buying some metal stuff.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm just the exact opposite Metal Tools, limited wood working! I do enjoy working with wood, just like motor things better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
My dad had a roofing business and in high school I took wood shop and building trades at Vo-tech to be a carpenter, ended up in a car pant working the line for 30 years.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
mike did you like doing that.
Carpentry yes, the car plant no. I grew to hate that place, the noise, the BS, doing the exact same thing every 60 seconds as the cars come down the line for 8-11hrs a day. It got worse after the GM bankruptcy. People were forced to move to our plant from other states and most were unable to bring their families, you can imagine the problems that caused. I couldn't get out of that place fast enough my last day and have never been back. The best thing I was able to get out after 30 years I worked with a lot of people who were too far in debt to retire and some who had no life outside of work...that's sad.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Carpentry yes, the car plant no. I grew to hate that place, the noise, the BS, doing the exact same thing every 60 seconds as the cars come down the line for 8-11hrs a day. It got worse after the GM bankruptcy. People were forced to move to our plant from other states and most were unable to bring their families, you can imagine the problems that caused. I couldn't get out of that place fast enough my last day and have never been back. The best thing I was able to get out after 30 years I worked with a lot of people who were too far in debt to retire and some who had no life outside of work...that's sad.
I hear you on that,I worked with a lot of guys that had no life outside of work,lot of the guys worked 7 days a week if they could VERY HARD WORK WITH VERY LOW PAY SCALE I was lucky enough to have worked my way up the pay scale,as being a foreman which is nothing to brag about,I had no life at all they made you work long hours,I left the precast plant after 20 years in march of 2012 and I have not been back since and I only live 5 miles from the place.:)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm just doing my normal spring check up! Trying to get all of our outside work caught up, some new plantings, and flower beds. Be back working on the Prowler Sunday, 15-30 minutes at a crack is all I can squeeze in now, rather wait until I can have a full day to wrap everything up. I did make some Lexan covers for the rocker arm covers, want to see the oil flow to the top end during break in. I'll go back to the stock covers once everything is confirmed. No sign of wear on the oil pump driven gear!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts