Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up: I ran across EFI Fuel pumps on Ebay AC# 0570-272 for less than 50.00 USD. Factory cost was listed at 450.00 plus! Direct replacement pump.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered one for myself! Had a bare spot on my shelf! LOL

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New pump arrived! It is not a complete assembly like AC offers, but just the electric pump! For the difference in price, it is impossible to beat! Prowler is running top notch! LTE exhaust is quiet for the street, and simple to switch over for trail/offroad use! Just finished up my roof scoop (built the first one to try it out!), second one is more detailed! Looking at alternator setups for 550/650/700 Prowlers XT, XTX, and the HDX. The XTX looks promising also, but need to find one to look at! Anybody with pictures of the front engine area of the XTZ please let me know! Plan on building one offs after the holidays!

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at that area, decided the back side of the engine offers more promise! Damn they packed them tight!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
yup we don't have much working room in them .

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must be a pain to work on!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes it is, I need to figure a mounting spot as my Muzzy's are in the way so it will be creative thinking in this one.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking driver side off the engine flange, alternator would tuck under the seat frame. I have a flange ordered to machine the pulley to fit it, and longer bolts.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I'm thinking driver side off the engine flange, alternator would tuck under the seat frame. I have a flange ordered to machine the pulley to fit it, and longer bolts.
you saw the battery is driver side under seat right ?

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I noticed that! Alternator is 6" in diameter, so the alternator centerline is about the same as the inside of the frame rail. Heading to a local dealer to look at the HDX, and also XTZ. Not sure if this setup is for all occasions, but sure works great for speeds above 10 mph! Jury is still out on snow plowing, but should know soon! Other option might be to outfit a large deep cycle battery in the Prowler and call it a day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts