Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
last spring when I got home to CdA from Reno/Sparks my battery was also dry ... used a tender all winter while I was down here

so I'll be checking 4 different rigs again when I get home , [4 tenders in use now] .... I didn't think it was a tender issue as I had my rig on it's side once , but maybe I have one tender malfunctioning [or more] ... using the Deltran brand tenders.

I added additional tenders this fall, to cover all my battery rigs left for the winter ... couple with very pricey Odyssey batteries now hope I didn't cause some major loss $$$$
I just plug my motorcycle (dresser) up about once a month. You have to remember the clocks running on these vehicles while they set uses current as well. Battery woes comes from freezing as well. Ideally take them in the house and charge them monthly. My Harley battery last for about 5 years, original battery in my 07.:)

http://www.jafrum.com/Accessories/Battery/Battery-Tender-Junior-PTBATTEND12JR?gclid=CKDFgqH-5bQCFcyf4Aodw2EArA

You can find them numerous places, this is like mine, for about 25-30 bucks.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I believe he already tried that (or was going to try that) Fat Cat...

de3... Here's what we used when I worked on outboards. I'm going to grab one and put on my Prowler. These come in different diameters. What we always did (and what I'm going to do now) is order the largest one. You can then "tune" is by reducing the size of the barb (get at lowes) on the OUT side. These things work great but remeber if you try one only downsize the OUT.

Groco CV Series Check Valves - InLine Check Valves by Discount Marine Supplies

Also can try one of these. The only thing I would worry about is sometimes on a non-pressurized fuel system and in-line filter can reduce flow-rate on the fule line.

One Way Flow Valve 3 8" in Line Fuel Filter with Check | eBay
Thanks Daryle,I ordered that filter with check valve,I ordered it from Diesel care performance it has 5/16 hose barbs just what i need.I got it for 30 dollars shipped,and the filter can be cleaned,he said you could blow through it real easy.I will put it between sending unit and vacume fuel pump.It should help alot I HOPE.:cool:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Thanks Daryle,I ordered that filter with check valve,I ordered it from Diesel care performance it has 5/16 hose barbs just what i need.I got it for 30 dollars shipped,and the filter can be cleaned,he said you could blow through it real easy.I will put it between sending unit and vacume fuel pump.It should help alot I HOPE.:cool:
Let us know how that works out for you. If it reduces starting trouble, then I'll add one myself.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I will keep everybody posted,hope it helps.

·
Registered
412 Posts
No problem! It really shoud since it works on outboards. But if not we will both be in the same boat because I went ahead and ordered one also!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
fuel filter/check valve

I got my filter/check valve installed,so far so good the filter was a little hard to blow through because of check valve,and you can not blow through the other end i put filter between sending unit an vacume pump,cranked motor over and it didnt take no time for vacume pump to fill filter with fuel.I will let it set for a few days and see what happens.It was sitting for a week before i put the new filter on when i took hose off inlet side very little gas trickled out of pump.time will tell.if i would have waited 3 years i could have got a F/I prowler.thats why i love my F/I 680 honda.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
fuel filter/check valve

so far so good,fuel pump is still primed.:):)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Have you tried starting it yet after several days of not running? Start any easier?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Findings on fuel filter/check valve

I also have a 650 xt, and was wondering how yours started after it sat for a few days. Did the new filter help??

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
yes it did help,but i have other modifications done that keeps it from working correct,but it would help alot on a stock carb set up.:)before, like yours takes alot of cranking thats just the nature of them,it will fire right up if you start it every day.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
No problem! It really shoud since it works on outboards. But if not we will both be in the same boat because I went ahead and ordered one also!
Daryle, have you tried your new one way valve yet? Wondered how it would work on our stock setups? Mike has a different carb than our stock carbs. So it doesn't work the same. Looking for some feedback before I order anything.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
fuel filter/check valve

Daryle, have you tried your new one way valve yet? Wondered how it would work on our stock setups? Mike has a different carb than our stock carbs. So it doesn't work the same. Looking for some feedback before I order anything.
shane on yours it would work great,mine will keep gas in the float bowl now It would not before.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just want to use the electric fuel pump as a prime,just leave on for a couple seconds or so,after a couple of days it will siphon all the gas out of float bowl through the pump back into the tankand have to do alot of cranking to get gas back to carb.I know the carb model prowlers are like that,Iam just trying to solve a problem, in 7 years time i have been through 3 batterys and i use a battery tender.I would hook electric fuel pump up on a toggle switch so i could shut off when system gets primed.
have you thought of trying a prime bulb like on outboards

21 - 35 of 35 Posts