Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked battery charger up to battery backwards, caused main fuse to blow. replaced fuse and now no power to the dash gauge, started wont work, lights does work. checked all fuses all good, check voltage to fuse block no voltage except main fuse. jumped ignition fuse on the out going side and started turned engine but would not start. could I have damaged the ECU unit??

·
Registered
254 Posts
pretty good odds you damaged the ecu but i would start checking your relays. they are all the same so you can unplug and swap them around to test.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
ECU's are pretty durable, I'd check everything else first. If it is the ECU, they are specific to each model year. Powersportsnation (Not A Plug LOL) offers good used ones. When my electric failed, it blew the 10 amp accessory fuse and nothing but the lights worked! I'd disconnect the battery and let it sit overnight, then try it again. It may reset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried to switch relays around with no change, I will disconnect the battery overnight and try that. thanks for information on used parts

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Were you able to get it running?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts