Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting an electronic fuel pump on the Prowler. Has anyone looked into this at all. If so what did you find out?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Prestige is doing one with my fuel cell,, Mike at Prestige will have an idea
951-695-2561

·
Registered
438 Posts
id leave it alone and just pust a new stocker pump on ... the electric pump will also need a regulator and it will make you go faster because youll have less money in your wallet slowing wieghing you down ,,,,

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will it need a regulator on a 650 without fuel injection? I figure that would only apply to fuel injected.

id leave it alone and just pust a new stocker pump on ... the electric pump will also need a regulator and it will make you go faster because youll have less money in your wallet slowing wieghing you down ,,,,

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Oh yes defiantly would need a regulator with a carburetor.Remember the carb only has a needle and seat to stop the fuel flow from the pump.And it only has the pressure from the float and it's leverage to do it.So if you have a pump putting out 5 lbs. of fuel pressure and your float assembly can only hold back 1-2 lbs you will have flooding problems.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh got ya.... I am learning. Thanks again Chris

Oh yes defiantly would need a regulator with a carburetor.Remember the carb only has a needle and seat to stop the fuel flow from the pump.And it only has the pressure from the float and it's leverage to do it.So if you have a pump putting out 5 lbs. of fuel pressure and your float assembly can only hold back 1-2 lbs you will have flooding problems.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea I was wondering if that was my problem up north withthe engine cutting out at high RPM's. It acted like it was governed while i was driving around munds park. I took the fuel line from the carb and as the rpms got up the gas was at a slow drip and at iddle it was flowing really well. So I am confused I really dont care about hauling ass I just want to have the same power up there as i do down here.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Unfortunately you will never have the same power at 7000 feet that you do at 1500 feet.You will lose 1-2 percent per thousand feet in elevation that you go up.In my opinion you need to do some clutching for the tires you are running anyway.And that will help you some up north too.
The governed part is probably to much fuel up there.I don't know if i would mess with the jetting though.I think the clutch kit would help you much more.
Also remember that the stock fuel pump works off of vacuum.And you will have much more vacuum at idle then when you first rev the engine.The vacuum will come back once the engine has stopped accelerating the rpm and is a constant rpm.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts