Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep it came with a light, you can see the red light come on next to the headlight switch but in bright sun it's hard to see. Now I have to hook up the E-Brake I was waiting until I got the buzzer hooked up.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yep it came with a light, you can see the red light come on next to the headlight switch but in bright sun it's hard to see. Now I have to hook up the E-Brake I was waiting until I got the buzzer hooked up.
Should work great,did you get your brakes fixed.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thats a great idea I added an E brake Alarm a couple years ago and replaced the red light with a high output yellow led.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a great idea I added an E brake Alarm a couple years ago and replaced the red light with a high output yellow led.
All our local NAPA had in stock today was a red light not any brighter than what I already had.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
That is a good idea. I might add a buzzer to my line lock warning light. Just curious, where did you place and how did you mount your buzzer?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a good idea. I might add a buzzer to my line lock warning light. Just curious, where did you place and how did you mount your buzzer?
I just screwed it to the firewall behind the e brake release, on mine there's a plug that goes to the e brake switch and indicator light I tapped that wire and ran a ground to the buzzer.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Shane,I not trying to tell you what to do,but I don't think you would need the alarm,because with the line lock your's wont move until you release it.:)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If my wife would have pushed the pedal down good my wouldn't have moved either my brake held pretty good. She probably would have gave it more gas and smoked the clutch instead. Or worse if brake holds and the clutch doesn't slip what kind of pressure does that put on the bevel gears?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
If my wife would have pushed the pedal down good my wouldn't have moved either my brake held pretty good. She probably would have gave it more gas and smoked the clutch instead. Or worse if brake holds and the clutch doesn't slip what kind of pressure does that put on the bevel gears?
I seen on here somewhere a while back,where a members son took the prowler out with the e-brake on and got it in some mud and tore out the bevel gears,I know I put mine to test last summer,I pulled a T-REX up over a rock ledge in a creek when his CVT filled up with water I pulled him out in reverse.:eek:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Shane,I not trying to tell you what to do,but I don't think you would need the alarm,because with the line lock your's wont move until you release it.:)
I was thinking the same thing, but also thinking a little added idiot insurance never hurts....:D

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
i would have to hook mine up to a set of air horns...................lmao :D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i would have to hook mine up to a set of air horns...................lmao :D
If I did that I'd better pack some extra underwear for the wife she can be a little jumpy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts