Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the emergency brake does not seem to work. when you push the pedal in it goes all way down but it will still roll. also when you release it does not come back all the way. also if you pull the pedal back out as far as it will go the light still stays on. pad and rotor have been replaced. any ideas?
2008 Prowler 650 XT

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
the emergency brake does not seem to work. When you push the pedal in it goes all way down but it will still roll. Also when you release it does not come back all the way. Also if you pull the pedal back out as far as it will go the light still stays on. Pad and rotor have been replaced. Any ideas?
2008 prowler 650 xt
maybe the cable there is adjustment for that or you can clock your e-brake arm.i have a whole e-brake assembly from the pedal back if you cant find the problem.:)

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I had the same problem with the e-brake not holding but new brakes on the rear fixed the problem....................:)

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
My 09 had the same problem, adjusted the arm per the manual and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my 06 was like that when i bought it,cable bound up inside by the pedal,act like it was working,but was'nt,junked rear pads,replaced cable and pad all is well,get down on floor and work pedal,is how i found mine good luck

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
my 06 was like that when i bought it,cable bound up inside by the pedal,act like it was working,but was'nt,junked rear pads,replaced cable and pad all is well,get down on floor and work pedal,is how i found mine good luck
Good find......................:)

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
X'2 Thanks for sharing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts